Acceptances

zsoc

Congrats, smaturin! Can I ask you one question: you said you status hasn't changed. what is your online status now? Is it " sent to program" or "sent to graduate school for final review"? My online status changed from the former to the latter yesterday as well. I do not know what exactly that means except that we are going to get the admission result very soon. Thank you!

Still says "Submitted - sent to program." I'd imagine that your change in status is a good sign, but how all of that works, none of us can really know.

Mind sharing your basic stats? GPA, degrees, GPA, any pubs, ect...I also applied to Washington and am very curious.

Sure, no prob. (Im an undergrad btw)

3.97 Overall GPA

4.0 Soc GPA

620V

600Q

4AW

Strong letters of rec. No publications. One semester of TA experience. Two semesters of research experience.

Sure, no prob. (Im an undergrad btw)

3.97 Overall GPA

4.0 Soc GPA

620V

600Q

4AW

Strong letters of rec. No publications. One semester of TA experience. Two semesters of research experience.

Great, thanks for letting me know. I'm waiting on pins and needles now!

No word on funding until later this month, but I received notice of acceptance to UCLA and UC-Davis and I am positively thrilled!

That's awesome - congrats! Doesn't UCLA at least guarantee 5 yrs of funding, or is all that up in the air with all UCs because of the economic situation?

That's awesome - congrats! Doesn't UCLA at least guarantee 5 yrs of funding, or is all that up in the air with all UCs because of the economic situation?

According to their website they try to do this, but it isn't guaranteed for every admitted student. I guess I'll find out by the end of the month. It's a relief to already have some options and to still be waiting on five other applications.