Met Internships

zoltan

24 minutes ago, mama said:

In my email they didn't say April 4th they wrote early April I should expect a reply. They gave an acceptance deadline for the 8th so they might not send rejection letters to people who they might contact for the position in case someone backs out. 

Im only giving hypotheticals because I don't know. But I would assume if you didn't get a rejection letter you're probably going to get accepted. In my accordance letter there were multiple documents attached so that could be why they are taking their time getting back to people who are accepted   

I hope you're right, haha... I'm a serious long shot candidate and I haven't heard anything, so we'll see.

Has anyone heard about someone receiving a rejection today?

11 hours ago, mmeserpent said:

I hope you're right, haha... I'm a serious long shot candidate and I haven't heard anything, so we'll see.

Has anyone heard about someone receiving a rejection today?

Good luck :)  

PS I was a log shot especially since I'm only an undergrad. but I got in, I hope you'll get in too. 

Edited by mama

1 hour ago, mama said:

Good luck :)  

PS I was a log shot especially since I'm only an undergrad. but I got in, I hope you'll get in too. 

I'm only an undergrad too, so I am super anxious :unsure:

Congrats for making it in ;)

1 hour ago, Madeleineloup said:

I'm defenitely loosing hope... @mama are you in the main building? Which area?

Hey! Yes, I'm in the main building. Since April 8 is the deadline for me to respond to them they might not send out till then. Also, I know each department has a different the application notification date  and I may have received mine earlier simply because I applied to a smaller dept. 

Don't lose hope. And Good luck <3 

Hi Everyone,

I also applied to the MuSe graduate internship. I even had an interview but I haven't heard anything yet either! It does seem strange that a lot of people haven't heard anything, but I wonder if they do send out rejection letters at all?

Hi all,

I spoke to the education department briefly this morning, as they are the department that handles all applications, it seems.

They said they got through half of the acceptance letters they sent out yesterday, April 4th, and were hoping to get through sending out all acceptance emails today. I did ask whether or not they would be sending out rejection emails and they said yes, so hopefully we should know either way, though I must say on a personal note I am a bit discouraged.

I noticed last year that some individuals received their acceptance letters on the first Friday of April, the 4th-- so I'm assuming/hoping we'll know by the end of this week.

Agghhh I just want to knooooow! I can't focus on anything else :(

Hi everyone!

Today around 3:00 PM I received my rejection letter. It says:

Thank you for your application to the 2016 MuSe Internship Program at The Met.  I am very sorry to communicate that we were unable to place you in this year’s program.  The MuSe internships are very limited, and this year we had over 1,000 applications.  As a result, we must decline a large number of very talented candidates. 

I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you devoted to your application, and I applaud your pursuit of a career in the arts.  I hope you will consider reapplying to one of our internship or fellowship programs again in the future. 

I don't even know if this is helpful, but I thought I would share. Did anyone get into the Conservation or Scientific Research departments? I'm really curious to know if there were placings in those departments.

Good luck!!! :) 

• 7 months later...

Hi, everyone! I am an Italian grad student specializing in Medieval Art History  and am thinking of applying to the MuSe program this year. I have a couple of questions to ask and was wondering if someone could kindly help me out... :)

After reading your posts I kind of formed the idea that every department handles the selection process differently: how was your experience with that?

Secondly, as a foreign applicant, the system of the letters of recommendation is quite new to me: how much do they weigh on the evaluation of the candidate?

Thanks a lot for your time, I hope you have a nice day!

Edited by trapstone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 11:50 AM, delee said:

I haven't heard anything either. I'm already anxious! I will report here if/when I hear anything, and I hope you'll do the same. Wishing everyone luck!!

I definitely will also report as soon as I hear anything.  I'm sure we're all playing the impatient, partial-panic game! (Or at least I am...)

17 hours ago, sarahrachel said:

when i applied last summer, i didn't hear back anything until the first week of april! not all departments interview, so keep your fingers crossed x

Which department(s) did you hear back from last summer? Did you apply to work at The Met again? 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also anxious, waiting for the email, obsessing about the chances

So far as I understood it from this discussion- till April nobody gets any info, the first half of April they write to people they're considering, and around the 15th everyone, incl. rejections. Is that right?

Which departments did you apply to? Does anyone know how many abroad students have been accepted in the past years? I got the impression, that almost everyone is US IVY league, which is somehow frustrating, since I would really love to get to work at the MET for 3 month... but yeah, I'm sure everyone feels this way. So fingers crossed, and good luck!