Met Internships

zoltan

3 hours ago, JLivingstonSeagull said:

Hi everyone, 

Any MuSe applicants here? I had my interview more than a week ago, no notice since then...very anxious :unsure: 

Hi! My impression is that all of us in the summer 2017 batch of applicants have yet to hear anything at this point. If you don't mind me asking, which department interviewed you? Congrats on getting an interview! :)

Edited by delee

21 hours ago, delee said:

Hi! My impression is that all of us in the summer 2017 batch of applicants have yet to hear anything at this point. If you don't mind me asking, which department interviewed you? Congrats on getting an interview! :)

Thanks ! :) I was interviewed by the Public programs & Creative practice department. What about you (if you don't mind sharing)? 

30 minutes ago, brooketrout said:

Interviewed for an internship at the MET in March. Interviewers said we would hear back in April. Considering previous applicants have heard back in late March, decisions (for my program, at least) will probably come out this week.

That's great to hear! Which program interviewed you? 

2 hours ago, delee said:

That's great to hear! Which program interviewed you? 

I interviewed for the Met Cloisters Summer Internship for Undergraduate Students. Fingers crossed for all!

EDIT: For anyone waiting to hear back from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, I received notification and interviewed last weekend at the Guggenheim.

Edited by brooketrout
Guggenheim Info

The email I received upon submitting my MuSe application said that all final decisions will be sent out mid-April, so I'm hoping that means we'll know by next Friday! I'm not sure about the Cloisters program, but good luck to @brooketrout

Are most of you grad students?

22 hours ago, delee said:

The email I received upon submitting my MuSe application said that all final decisions will be sent out mid-April, so I'm hoping that means we'll know by next Friday! I'm not sure about the Cloisters program, but good luck to @brooketrout

Yeah I'm a grad student. I'm so anxious to know the decision though...

On 4/3/2017 at 8:45 PM, delee said:

I applied to MuSe as an undergrad. I know the MoMA is this Friday, so hopefully the MET is the same or by next Friday! 

good luck, all!

@delee, I'm a grad student. Apart from MuSe I also applied for 3 12- month internships.  No idea if they are supposed to interview, but I haven't heard from any of the departments.

@elthorpe So you applied to MoMa too? May I ask if they have interviewed you?  Applied there too, but heard nothing since application. 

Oh, so nervous now...good luck!  

16 minutes ago, JLivingstonSeagull said:

@delee, I'm a grad student. Apart from MuSe I also applied for 3 12- month internships.  No idea if they are supposed to interview, but I haven't heard from any of the departments.

@elthorpe So you applied to MoMa too? May I ask if they have interviewed you?  Applied there too, but heard nothing since application. 

Oh, so nervous now...good luck!  

I haven't had interviews from either the MET or the MoMa! So I am incredibly nervous but also didn't really apply to departments that I expected would interview. 

2 minutes ago, elthorpe said:

I haven't had interviews from either the MET or the MoMa! So I am incredibly nervous but also didn't really apply to departments that I expected would interview. 

Fingers crossed! It's sort of vague if interviews are a must in MoMa in general... Which departments you applied to? :) 

14 minutes ago, JLivingstonSeagull said:

Fingers crossed! It's sort of vague if interviews are a must in MoMa in general... Which departments you applied to? :) 

from the FAQs website for MoMA:

'Do you conduct interviews before accepting applicants into the program?
Yes. We contact select candidates to set up an interview, which may be conducted either in person or over the telephone, depending on your proximity to MoMA. We interview all of the candidates who will be accepted into the Internship Program.'

So I guess if there's no interview before Friday then there might be no chance..I haven't heard back from neither Met nor MoMA :(

@elthorpe I'm an undergrad as well. I would really love to know what my plans are for the summer post-graduation in May! Which MuSe departments did you apply to?

I wish we could at least know which departments at the Met conduct interviews! I'm so tempted to bother them and ask about the status of applications :unsure:

36 minutes ago, crystalgerl said:

from the FAQs website for MoMA:

'Do you conduct interviews before accepting applicants into the program?
Yes. We contact select candidates to set up an interview, which may be conducted either in person or over the telephone, depending on your proximity to MoMA. We interview all of the candidates who will be accepted into the Internship Program.'

So I guess if there's no interview before Friday then there might be no chance..I haven't heard back from neither Met nor MoMA :(

Oh...well, then I guess hope goes last :D As regards the Met, their website does state that interviews are not always required, so don't get discouraged! 

56 minutes ago, delee said:

@elthorpe I'm an undergrad as well. I would really love to know what my plans are for the summer post-graduation in May! Which MuSe departments did you apply to?

I wish we could at least know which departments at the Met conduct interviews! I'm so tempted to bother them and ask about the status of applications :unsure:

I applied to Digital, Imaging, Website and Information systems and also Modern and Contemporary art! Also @JLivingstonSeagull I wouldn't count the MoMA off yet... doesn't say anything about the 7th not being when they release rejections and invites to interviews.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, brooketrout said:

I interviewed for the Met Cloisters Summer Internship for Undergraduate Students. Fingers crossed for all!

EDIT: For anyone waiting to hear back from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, I received notification and interviewed last weekend at the Guggenheim.

Hi @brooketrout! Just wondering which department at the Guggenheim interviewed you? 

3 hours ago, brooketrout said:

Hey @Lola362! I interviewed with the Education department, which was my first choice on my application. I also applied for Curatorial and Development.

Ah okay! I just haven't heard anything from them so I'm feeling a little anxious. I've applied to the Abu Dhabi Curatorial, Development and Finance.  Thanks for the response and good luck! 

• 10 months later...

I assume no one has heard back about 2018 MuSe internships? Looking back at previous years it seems that interviews start mid-March and final notifications are sent the first week in April. I'll update you all if/when I hear anything!

• 2 weeks later...