SAIC?

portafoy

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, I have finally decided that SAIC is the school for me and I turned down Bard for it too. That was hard. I went to visit and while I didn't click with Chicago itself, I really liked the faculty and just got that all-around good vibe. Reminded me how important mutual interest and respect is between faculty and students; Bard was so aloof with me the entire process and they didn't even respond to the email I sent them turning down their offer. Telling, eh? Well some ecstatic person's getting in off the waitlist so it's great news for them. Also, when I went to visit SAIC I grilled the other students in the program and they were really happy with it on the whole. I even have homework already (lots of reading!) - which demonstrates how academically rigorous the place is. A good sign, for sure.

I think we're in similar positions in our lives too - I'm walking away from an incredible job in NYC and the life I've built here over the last 7 years (I've been out of school that long). Luckily, my SO is moving with me and that makes this whole change so much more feasible and even exciting. Anyway, you already know that SAIC an amazing school. I'm headed into a double master's program and am so psyched to spend 3 years studying and being surrounded by art and artists. It doesn't get much better than that. Surely you'll love it too!

• 3 weeks later...

SAIC peeps, what neighborhood(s) are you looking into? I've heard good things about Wicker Park and West Town. I'm looking for a hood with action (I'm coming from NYC), that's bikeable to class (at least before the onslaught of winter), super close to the Red or Blue line, affordable, etc. Other folks, feel free to chime in here too...Planning on moving Aug 1 - so excited!!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use