Stanford Honors Cooperative Program (distance masters)

bigtrees

Is anyone else applying to the Stanford Honors Cooperative Program (HCP), that is, the program that lets you take classes at a distance for a masters degree?

I applied to Stanford for a MS in Aeronautics and Astronautics with the following stats....and waiting to see if I've been accepted:

- GRE: 750/530/5.0

- Undergraduate GPA: 3.5 in mechanical engineering technology major (state university)

- Masters GPA: 3.38 for a MS in Mechanical Engineering from a top 25 university (yes, I already have one masters)

- Licensed professional engineer in 2 states

- 7 years professional experience at prime contractor

- Have taken 3 engineering courses at Stanford, with grades of A-, A-, and B+.

Any idea if this will be enough? The only part that makes me nervous is my engineering technology undergraduate degree....I've since earned a masters in mechanical engineering, so I'm hoping they will consider that to be sufficient engineering education. (Yes, I've taken 2 years calculus, 1 year calculus-based physics, statics, etc, etc).

Edited by bigtrees

• 1 month later...

I'm a recently finished student from EE. I earned the master's degree via HCP.

At the time I applied, I had not yet taken any classes. My statistics were in line with their average for admissions overall (790Q, 680V, 4.5W, 3.8 UGPA).

What I did find at the time was an internal letter from the MSCS department (I cannot verify authenticity). But what it did say was that co-terminal and HCP students get a slightly less stringent admission criteria than external applicants. But if you haven't taken classes through the NDO option I believe it would make you the same as an external applicant.

But anyways, if you have taken 3-4 classes with a 3.5 GPA or better, they are very likely to admit you to HCP because you've already proven you can do the work.

That was the thrust of the supposed internal email from the CS department.

I know, I know not completely on subject for your question but it is the closest I could get.

http://lindholm.jp/src/chinf_adm.html

Is anyone else applying to the Stanford Honors Cooperative Program (HCP), that is, the program that lets you take classes at a distance for a masters degree?

I applied to Stanford for a MS in Aeronautics and Astronautics with the following stats....and waiting to see if I've been accepted:

- GRE: 750/530/5.0

- Undergraduate GPA: 3.5 in mechanical engineering technology major (state university)

- Masters GPA: 3.38 for a MS in Mechanical Engineering from a top 25 university (yes, I already have one masters)

- Licensed professional engineer in 2 states

- 7 years professional experience at prime contractor

- Have taken 3 engineering courses at Stanford, with grades of A-, A-, and B+.

Any idea if this will be enough? The only part that makes me nervous is my engineering technology undergraduate degree....I've since earned a masters in mechanical engineering, so I'm hoping they will consider that to be sufficient engineering education. (Yes, I've taken 2 years calculus, 1 year calculus-based physics, statics, etc, etc).

You already have a MS in Mechanical Engineering - not technology - you have taken courses at Stanford and have excelled, you have your PE, and very high GRE scores. I see no reason whatsoever why you should get a rejection. If you do get one, it wont be because of the technology degree.

I have a technology degree and about to proceed to Michigan for my MSEE. Gosh I would hate it once i get my MSEE someone would still question me because of my bachelors degree. Just curious, whered you get your MS from?

Edited by hasseye