SIPA (Columbia) Thread

Finally.. its official.. I just said no to SAIS, and yes to SIPA...

And yes osierus.. I'm with you... lets make a study group like the tv show Community.. but we will have to at least take 1 class together each semester.. hahaha..

Now you're talkin' !! Woohooo !!!!

Now come on SIPA...get me in tooo !!!

Rejected, told to reapply in a couple of years after getting work experience. Fair enough and wasn't my top choice, I'm just happy I can stop frantically checking my E-Mail. Just goes to show you that the application process isn't only a numbers game and quite random. Got into SAIS, but rejected from SIPA ;-).

Rejected, told to reapply in a couple of years after getting work experience. Fair enough and wasn't my top choice, I'm just happy I can stop frantically checking my E-Mail. Just goes to show you that the application process isn't only a numbers game and quite random. Got into SAIS, but rejected from SIPA ;-).

:o .. but you have SAIS then right ? :)

And yes osierus.. I'm with you... lets make a study group like the tv show Community.. but we will have to at least take 1 class together each semester.. hahaha..

I'm sure you will get in! You have to!!! Got that? You have to!

I call Abed because if I was Troy that would be too stereotypical

Well SAIS is a GREAT place too!

Yeah Toni, you have SAIS, which is as great as SIPA. Good luck!

Thanks erry! Thanks a million for the encouragement and the faith!

YESS, you chose SIPA, Erry! We'll be classmates! :D

Now, we are waiting for you, Fleetly!

Edited by Madrilena25

Hey!

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I'm kinda stuck too. Columbia is the best match for me program wise.

I got into Johns Hopkins' new Global MBA program with awesome funding and Upenn's Fels School of Government (MPA) with almost half tuition as well.

Problems: Fels is great for domestic policy and admin.

Johns Hopkins MBA program is new and unranked, small alumni network, etc.

Help! Haha.

My problem is that I dream of doing international sustainable development, so obviously Columbia's MPA-DP is the best fit out of those three. I just don't want to have to declare bankruptcy or something if i can't get a good job after.

That's the main reason why I've pretty much counted out SIPA. That and b/c it doesn't look like they take care of you well there. It still has a teeny chance b/c of their more generous 2nd year grants, but the average grant was 13-15k or something, soooo that wasn't very promising o_O Regardless, I am speaking with a friend who's in the program tomorrow and assuming she didn't get bomb funding, I'll let you know how she's holdin up ha ha @ GPPI, I can work to offset part of the cost along w/ their small scholarship.

Hey!

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I'm kinda stuck too. Columbia is the best match for me program wise.

I got into Johns Hopkins' new Global MBA program with awesome funding and Upenn's Fels School of Government (MPA) with almost half tuition as well.

Problems: Fels is great for domestic policy and admin.

Johns Hopkins MBA program is new and unranked, small alumni network, etc.

Help! Haha.

My problem is that I dream of doing international sustainable development, so obviously Columbia's MPA-DP is the best fit out of those three. I just don't want to have to declare bankruptcy or something if i can't get a good job after.

Seeing that you are a Californian, you are eligible to win the Mega Millions jackpot which has increased to $467 million. They draw the numbers on Friday! I'm organizing a small lottery pool w/ some friends to buy tickets ha ha Yesterday, 9 people in California had 5/6 numbers and won ~$306k.

Would I go to SIPA if I won the lottery? CHYA.

I made it !! Just got my result !!!! I'm in !!!!! Yayyyyy !!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone ! You've been such a support !!!!! This is so amazing !!

Accepted for MPA ! Once again without funding, though.

Well done guys!! I'm so happy for you! Will you be attending SIPA? We waited for so long but we made it!

Thanks Madrilena25. Congratulations to you too ! :)

Too early to make a decision, though. They're supposed to notify about the outcome of World Bank fellowship in early April. I'll wait till then, I guess. Needless to say, it's hard comparing among the programs I've been accepted to. I need to do some intense due diligence.

Accepted for MPA ! Once again without funding, though.

Well done guys!! I'm so happy for you! Will you be attending SIPA? We waited for so long but we made it!

Congrats to you eigenvector ! great stuff !

Madrilena thanks a tonne ! so relieved :)

I made it !! Just got my result !!!! I'm in !!!!! Yayyyyy !!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone ! You've been such a support !!!!! This is so amazing !!

Yay! I knew it!! Welcome! We should really make a group or something for the amazing people in this theead who is already set up for SIPA!

I'm already looking at the course bulletin for fall 2011 to see how to set up my life around it.

Most classes are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday it seems. Anybody know what "R" means in the class meeting time for some classes (for others it lists the M, T, W, etc. - day abbreviations next to time)?

Yay! I knew it!! Welcome! We should really make a group or something for the amazing people in this theead who is already set up for SIPA!

I totally agree!!! ;-)

Where should we make it? Hahahaha

Thanks erry !! This feels great !

Yes ! Do let's !! Let's make a group somewhere !!!

Edited by fleetly