SIPA (Columbia) Thread

I'M IN!

... thought I've known that for a year now (just messing with you guys :P). Looking forward to figuring out who my future classmates will be.

In other news, this recent blog post on federal loans will be super useful for any domestic student that thinks they'll end up attending SIPA. Applying for loans was by far the most confusing part of the process for me, and I think this provides the basic information + links. Might be worth bookmarking it or something.

CONGRATS!!!

EMAIL OR SNAIL MAIL??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

DID YOU GET AN E-MAIL OR JUST LOGGED ON TO YOUR ONLINE APP AND CHECKED???

I'M IN!

... thought I've known that for a year now (just messing with you guys :P). Looking forward to figuring out who my future classmates will be.

In other news, this recent blog post on federal loans will be super useful for any domestic student that thinks they'll end up attending SIPA. Applying for loans was by far the most confusing part of the process for me, and I think this provides the basic information + links. Might be worth bookmarking it or something.

I think greendiplomat was already admitted a year ago, but he deferred the admission to F2011 :)

Yes, I was admitted last year and deferred. I thought the sentence following plus my signature clarified things, but apologies for for my twisted/odd sense of humor. :)

Although I guess this is a good chance to shed light on what everyone should expect. I got an email on 3/4/2010 (a Thursday) at 4:25pm, instructing me to log into the online application, where there's a link to the admissions letter, a copy of which was also sent to my physical address.

If past years are any indication, I guess that means that you'll all be receiving notification any minute now, with a delay for those being considered for first-year fellowships.

Edited by greendiplomat

Ah okay, thanks for the hint. Well, it is already 7.30pm here in my world but I know you are referring to 4.25 pm EST....argghhhh. The waiting continues.

Yes, I was admitted last year and deferred. I thought the sentence following plus my signature clarified things, but apologies for for my twisted/odd sense of humor. :)

Although I guess this is a good chance to shed light on what everyone should expect. I got an email on 3/4/2010 (a Thursday) at 4:25pm, instructing me to log into the online application, where there's a link to the admissions letter, a copy of which was also sent to my physical address.

If past years are any indication, I guess that means that you'll all be receiving notification any minute now, with a delay for those being considered for first-year fellowships.

Greendiplomat, you gave me a heard attack!!! But congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!laugh.gif

I know this is the SIPA thread, but I still have a question about HKS. I have a major quitting my job issue, I'll spare you the details. Anyway, I gave them a call to ask for a more precise timeframe for their decisions. They said ON march 31st exactly. Not BY, ON. They assure me they wouldn't send out decisions for MPP/MPAs before that day. Were they just leading me on? Do they tell that every year or is this reliable? What do you think?

Thank you for the information!! :) I heard from other people (accepted previous years) that they too received e-mails on 3/4. So I guess any minute now.

Greendiplomat, you gave me a heard attack!!! But congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!laugh.gif

Yeah, in retrsopect, it might have been cruel to pull that prank on heart-attack-prone applicants. Still funny though. :P

I think the SIPA blog would have mentioned in today's post if they were starting to release admissions decisions, though I hope I'm wrong and they come today!

Looking back at last year's blog posts, they were posting info about the decisions/outcomes before the decisions were announced, and the first post where they indicate that they'd sent out 40% of the decisions was on 3/5 (i.e. after I got mine).

Hey

I can't login to my online app. Anyone with the same problem. I am thinking sipa blocked temporarily the login so so they can upload the decision letters.

Cheers from far away in west africa.

Looks like that's what they're doing. Fingers crossed for everyone! :)

Any ideas where exactly we should look once we log into the online app?

P.s. I don't have problems accessing it....

For me, when I log into the "applyyourself" application system, it lists all of my materials as received under "Application Status:" on the front page, and right under that, there should be a "Decision Status:", which, for me, is followed immediately by "Available beginning 3/4/2010" followed on the next line by a link that reads "Your application decision is now available online".

Also regarding why you don't have problems accessing the application interface, I'm assuming that MPA-MDPs might not necessarily hear back at the same time as MIAs and regular MPAs. Either that, or you're being considered for fellowships (though I don't want to get your hopes up prematurely).

I don't have any change in my online app. When I click on "Admission Status", i get info on the documents that I have submitted, nothing more. :(

Read the second para. of my response to your previous post:

"Also regarding why you don't have problems accessing the application interface, I'm assuming that MPA-MDPs might not necessarily hear back at the same time as MIAs and regular MPAs. Either that, or you're being considered for fellowships (though I don't want to get your hopes up prematurely). "

I think you should start reading posts in their entirety, since this isn't the first time today where you missed a crucial second paragraph in one of my posts on this thread. ;)

I'm waiting to hear as well. Hopefully we'll see some movement today. Based on last year's thread - it seems like the people who did receive funding didn't hear until later in the process (later in March), so I'm not sure what to hope for.

Of the other schools I applied to, the earliest I'll hear back is on 3/15 - so potentially SIPA could be my first up or down if I hear from them in the next week or so.

Oh the nerves!

You are right, I should start! ;)

Thanks. :)

Read the second para. of my response to your previous post:

"Also regarding why you don't have problems accessing the application interface, I'm assuming that MPA-MDPs might not necessarily hear back at the same time as MIAs and regular MPAs. Either that, or you're being considered for fellowships (though I don't want to get your hopes up prematurely). "

I think you should start reading posts in their entirety, since this isn't the first time today where you missed a crucial second paragraph in one of my posts on this thread. ;)