Waiting it Out on Canadian Universities

NoMoreABD

OMG OMg OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My online status has changed from "under review" to "decision made" in UT website. Unfortunately I cannot check the actual decision online... I just e-mailed asking. FINGERS CROSSED

This is suuuuuch a torture. I decided to call... not office hours anymore, I'll have to wait the whole weekend. I'll be completely nuts by Monday without a doubt.

I'd go crazy too!

I'm still waiting on York U. This weekend is gonna go by so slowly for many of us.. :(

Edited by PrettyVacant

Good luck aber_leider! Keep us posted.

I'm going crazy wacko.gif

I see other international applicants getting answers from other PhD programs in the schools I applied to. I know each program is different, but still, it's nerve racking...

I think I might contact them next week. Will probably consult the forum about it.

And so the weekend passed and I got to call the graduate assistant... to many international applicants, bla bla bla. Well At least I won't be waiting for Canadian decisions anymore. Already was accepted to Waterloo. Any of you can give me some info about UW reputation on applied math? It has a very strong reputation in Mexico, but I wish to know how Canadians view it.

And so the weekend passed and I got to call the graduate assistant... to many international applicants, bla bla bla. Well At least I won't be waiting for Canadian decisions anymore. Already was accepted to Waterloo. Any of you can give me some info about UW reputation on applied math? It has a very strong reputation in Mexico, but I wish to know how Canadians view it.

Is this UofT? The graduate assistant for the math department? Does this mean that only rejections will follow :( ?

I called the University of Toronto today regarding my Masters application to the Department of Political Science - They said that the admissions committee met last week and were to submit their list of probable applicants today. This list is expected to be finalized by Friday, with the first round of offers going out early next week. Applicants will be notified via email.

Fingers crossed!

I called the University of Toronto today regarding my Masters application to the Department of Political Science - They said that the admissions committee met last week and were to submit their list of probable applicants today. This list is expected to be finalized by Friday, with the first round of offers going out early next week. Applicants will be notified via email.

Fingers crossed!

Does every program have a different adcom each or is there just one adcom for all programs?

Peace.

Does every program have a different adcom each or is there just one adcom for all programs?

Peace.

The former. Each program or department has its own admissions committee. From what I gather, it's usually five faculty members, sometimes a grad student, often 'headed' by the graduate program director, and representatives from each subfield (I guess this depends on the discipline).

Canadian schools are especially frustrating. They don't have any obligation to notify us in time for us to make decisions by April 15th and they seem to be TERRIBLE at keeping applicants up to date. Some of my schools only notify by MAIL, others only use the online notifying to post acceptances and rejections, not where they are in the admissions process. One of my schools won't even be getting back to applicants until MAY.

UGH!!

Hi all,

I have heard from UBC MA political science - rejection. Was my first response on March 7 via email.

Still waiting to hear from:

UVic

UT

UWO

SFU

To the poster above with UWO acceptance, was it PhD stream or MA?

thanks!

Was that me? I can't remember if I posted in this thread. Anyway, it's PhD for me, and I received it quite a while ago, perhaps three weeks or so. Have you checked your student centre?

Was that me? I can't remember if I posted in this thread. Anyway, it's PhD for me, and I received it quite a while ago, perhaps three weeks or so. Have you checked your student centre?

yes it was you! sorry forget user name. Ahhhhhhh ok well here is hoping they are accepting PhD prior to MA. Yes, I have been checking my student centre at least once a day (if not more so...) That is very quick turn around for your acceptance though! My app was due Feb 1!

Woke up to find an email from UBC (I'm 10 hrs ahead of the school).

The first response I get and it's a rejection sad.gif

[sCARP PhD]

I feel awful. I thought this was the school for which I had the best chance of being accepted. I'm completely discouraged right now.

Good luck for the rest of you.

Woke up to find an email from UBC (I'm 10 hrs ahead of the school).

The first response I get and it's a rejection sad.gif

[sCARP PhD]

I feel awful. I thought this was the school for which I had the best chance of being accepted. I'm completely discouraged right now.

Don't give up hope!

To all Canadian applicants, you can also track results here.

Edited by PrettyVacant

Don't despair! Maybe the department sensed that it wasn't the best match for your interests, or that it wouldn't end up being high on your list of priorities?

At any rate, it still sucks, and I'm sorry.

Is it okay to email the grad secretary of a Canadian institution to enquire about admission status? I've received admissions from USA schools and the reply deadline for one of them is 3rd April. Looking at previous years, decisions from my programs have ranged from anywhere between 10 March to 25 May (there were only 5). It's a masters program and Ph.D applicants started hearing 3 weeks ago.

Edited by The Green Bean