waitlisted

mando4

It's even more agonizing when they just don't tell you anything at all... Makes you wonder whether you're so low on the list that you're not even worth notifying!

I applied to two top choice schools. The higher ranked school has been very responsive and really likes me (very flattering when I visited), while the other school is giving me the silent treatment. If location and $$ were not factors, it would be a no-brainer at this point...

It sucks because I emailed the school and they said "we will write to you as soon as a decision comes through!" and I still haven't heard anything! grrrrrr tuesday the 15th will either be fantastic or awful...

I know the feeling. I emailed the program I applied for... still no word as to where I am on the wait list but the professor in charge of graduate studies replied saying they will get an email to me Friday.... aka tomorrow.... I don't know if I am excited or worried, as right now its all up in the air but as of Friday good or bad it shall be a final decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes admissions committees won't know where you stand at first, but they might get a better idea when acceptees and wait-listers get shuffled around. I called my school the day after I got my letter to see where I was on the list, and they couldn't tell me where I was. Then I called two months later and they were able to tell me that I was closer to the top of the list.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use