Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Anyone in at UPenn for a Criminology Masters?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 coffeewobbles

coffeewobbles

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA
  • Program:Penn Criminology M.S.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Just wanted to know if there's any who's in already so I don't feel so alone :)

#2 wook

wook

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Program:Criminology

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi there! I'm in too! I haven't officially decided on it yet, but I am very seriously considering it! Have you visited? It seems like a very exciting program!

Edited by wook, 02 March 2011 - 02:15 PM.

Applied: 6
Accepted: 5
Rejected: 1
Waitlist: 0

#3 coffeewobbles

coffeewobbles

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hi there! I'm in too! I haven't officially decided on it yet, but I am very seriously considering it! Have you visited? It seems like a very exciting program!

Hello! Nice to find someone else lol. I haven't officially decided either, but I almost certainly accepting! I haven't visited, I go to school in California, so it's kinda far away. I'm really excited for it though! Are you an undergrad?

#4 wook

wook

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

No, I graduated in 2009 and have been working in research since then. I am very ready to go back to school though. California is far away -- do you think you'll visit at all before the orientation?

#5 coffeewobbles

coffeewobbles

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

I'm hoping to visit during Spring Break; I'm trying to find out what accomodations they have etc. Being a college student does nothing for my finances. I couldn't even find a facebook or webpage for new students so for the longest time I was incredibly paranoid about my acceptance :lol: Have you found anything?

#6 wook

wook

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

No, I haven't, but it may be too early for things like that to be popping up. I'll let you know if I find anything though! I am currently about 5 hours away from Philly (driving) so I hope to go down some time in March.

#7 coffeewobbles

coffeewobbles

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:10 AM

Same :) wish they'd get back to me quickly re: accomodations etc though..

#8 NeuroFox

NeuroFox

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Application Season:Already Attending
  • Program:Sociology

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

I'm currently finishing up a slightly different (MA vs MS, basically the same courses) Criminology Masters at Penn. I'm happy to answer any questions about the program/Philly/the department. I've been lurking the Sociology forum so at least (maybe) I can be useful here.

#9 coffeewobbles

coffeewobbles

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, CA

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

I'm currently finishing up a slightly different (MA vs MS, basically the same courses) Criminology Masters at Penn. I'm happy to answer any questions about the program/Philly/the department. I've been lurking the Sociology forum so at least (maybe) I can be useful here.

Hey! Dyou know anything about the orientation process and stuff? And I could go on with the questions, so I'd appreciate anything really! (I accepted yesterday, so I'm definitely going)

#10 xlxlwolfy

xlxlwolfy

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSeattle,WA
  • Application Season:2013 Spring
  • Program:Criminal justice

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi , i just found this post on google, it seems a long time ago but I just wanna say i am so admire you because the Criminology in Upenn is my dream major in dream school. You said you were a college student, could you share your experience how to apply the Upenn with me? I am a college student  now and i want to get in Upenn Criminology department, but i am very very unconfident, I don't know how hard it would be and what they really require. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users