Anyone in at UPenn for a Criminology Masters?

Hi there! I'm in too! I haven't officially decided on it yet, but I am very seriously considering it! Have you visited? It seems like a very exciting program!

Edited by wook

Hi there! I'm in too! I haven't officially decided on it yet, but I am very seriously considering it! Have you visited? It seems like a very exciting program!

Hello! Nice to find someone else lol. I haven't officially decided either, but I almost certainly accepting! I haven't visited, I go to school in California, so it's kinda far away. I'm really excited for it though! Are you an undergrad?

No, I graduated in 2009 and have been working in research since then. I am very ready to go back to school though. California is far away -- do you think you'll visit at all before the orientation?

I'm hoping to visit during Spring Break; I'm trying to find out what accomodations they have etc. Being a college student does nothing for my finances. I couldn't even find a facebook or webpage for new students so for the longest time I was incredibly paranoid about my acceptance :lol: Have you found anything?

No, I haven't, but it may be too early for things like that to be popping up. I'll let you know if I find anything though! I am currently about 5 hours away from Philly (driving) so I hope to go down some time in March.

I'm currently finishing up a slightly different (MA vs MS, basically the same courses) Criminology Masters at Penn. I'm happy to answer any questions about the program/Philly/the department. I've been lurking the Sociology forum so at least (maybe) I can be useful here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently finishing up a slightly different (MA vs MS, basically the same courses) Criminology Masters at Penn. I'm happy to answer any questions about the program/Philly/the department. I've been lurking the Sociology forum so at least (maybe) I can be useful here.

Hey! Dyou know anything about the orientation process and stuff? And I could go on with the questions, so I'd appreciate anything really! (I accepted yesterday, so I'm definitely going)

• 2 years later...

Hi , i just found this post on google, it seems a long time ago but I just wanna say i am so admire you because the Criminology in Upenn is my dream major in dream school. You said you were a college student, could you share your experience how to apply the Upenn with me? I am a college student  now and i want to get in Upenn Criminology department, but i am very very unconfident, I don't know how hard it would be and what they really require.