WWS Admission Results 2011

smerd

Has anyone tried to get in touch with the Admissions team and find out as to when the next wave (rejects/waitlist ???) will be released..judging from last year thread, it seems all acceptances have been mailed.. "=(

CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats?

According to some great soul on the results page of gradcafe, the answer to your question is apparently (and thankfully) 'no':

Princeton University (Woodrow Wilson School)Public Affairs (MPA), Masters (F11)Other via Phone on 9 Mar 2011U9 Mar 2011

• I called the Graduate Admissions office and the person confirmed that all the admits have not been sent out as of yet and will be sent out over the next couple of days. This would include the remaining admits and also the emails for people who did not make. Maybe there is still a slim chance....

Did the WWS finish sending out all their admit emails???

Does it mean that if you have not received an email from them, you are out???

Aw, bless you. I feel a little better now.

According to some great soul on the results page of gradcafe, the answer to your question is apparently (and thankfully) 'no':

Princeton University (Woodrow Wilson School)Public Affairs (MPA), Masters (F11)Other via Phone on 9 Mar 2011U9 Mar 2011

• I called the Graduate Admissions office and the person confirmed that all the admits have not been sent out as of yet and will be sent out over the next couple of days. This would include the remaining admits and also the emails for people who did not make. Maybe there is still a slim chance....

Sorry , what did you mean by slim chance? is it a slim chance of them sending all the emails within the next couple of days???

I just phoned WWS and they said decisions will be ALL SENT OUT BY THE END OF THIS WEEK!

Freaky! Anyways, I wonder if they go in batches... Where (1) For sure admissions (2) Maybes (3)Rejections

Politically Aff, you're a rockstar. Thanks for calling.

You are right PoliticallyAff, I think the letters are customized. A friend of mine who also got an admission e-mail got something slightly different from mine...at least that was what he told me. I hope you all get in...good luck!

No problem everyone!

I guess all of the letters are customized, or else why would they take their sweet time sending them out???

But last year reject/waitlist emails were sent our 5-6 hours after the acceptance notifications..Today, we havent heard anything from WWS after initial wave of emails...

Why its taking so long, even if we are supposed to receive reject/waitlist emails from the graduate school?

WWS sends emails only accepted candidates and the Graduate schools sends all official emails(both accepted and rejected)

It looks to me like those of us who have not received emails from the WWS are screwed.

From what yzw200 is saying, it looks like this might not be the case?

I'm really confused now... though at this point i'm just going to assume I'm not in and be extremely happy/surprised if I am admitted.

Ditto. The coping is underway. ;-)

What it means is that the WWS does not have the time to send emails to rejected students, they have taken those they like and are spending

their precious time on them, and thats probably why they have not bothered to send any rejection email.

I have not heard anyone reporting rejection on this forum.The grad school will send official emails to both accepted and rejected students.

That's how I see it

Edited by theguru

BA in Interdisciplinary Studies from NYU with a concentration in Community Development

3.63 GPA

Lack fluency in multiple languages

Lack quant work in college

GRE: 620Q, 590V

8 years Director of Development for a national NGO

Many internships with NGO's, just completed 4 months volunteer assignment in Kenya.

Keeping my fingers crossed

I'm sure you'll get in, I doubt I will lol

BA in Interdisciplinary Studies from NYU with a concentration in Community Development

3.63 GPA

Lack fluency in multiple languages

Lack quant work in college

GRE: 620Q, 590V

8 years Director of Development for a national NGO

Many internships with NGO's, just completed 4 months volunteer assignment in Kenya.

Keeping my fingers crossed

I'm sure you'll get in, I doubt I will lol

Keeping my fingers crossed--but don't doubt yourself--I think we all bring different things to the table and admissions looks at everyone individually. Otherwise, they could simply state minimum 750Q score 3.8 GPA etc...

You apply anywhere else?

I agree, it seems you'd be going for the MPP if I'm not mistaken.

I applied to The Fletcher School (MALD), MSFS (IR), The Elliot School (IR), SIS (IR), SAIS (MES), WWS (MPA)

and was rejected by Harvard CMES

Keeping my fingers crossed--but don't doubt yourself--I think we all bring different things to the table and admissions looks at everyone individually. Otherwise, they could simply state minimum 750Q score 3.8 GPA etc...

You apply anywhere else?