WWS Admission Results 2011

smerd

Did anyone attend the Hosting Weekend held in March? Will love to hear about observations in terms of strengths highlighted, issues that were covered, career services, internships, classes/curriculum, social life, post grad job opportunities, alumni network...etc. Other suggestions are welcome! Oh and if you have decided to attend WWS after the hosting weekend, please let us know WHY?

Did anyone attend the Hosting Weekend held in March? Will love to hear about observations in terms of strengths highlighted, issues that were covered, career services, internships, classes/curriculum, social life, post grad job opportunities, alumni network...etc. Other suggestions are welcome! Oh and if you have decided to attend WWS after the hosting weekend, please let us know WHY?

Yes, I attended the hosting weekend at WWS. It was very impressive. For a start the class sizes are quite small. I sat in on one class of 5 students! Other classes seem to be around 15 - 30 students, although what they call the "gateway" courses are much larger. This smaller class size means greater attention from the Professors and help with papers etc. It is definitely one of the key strengths of WWS vs other schools. The Alumni network and career services seemed excellent. By all accounts the alums still use the Princeton career services network years later to help them get contacts, interviews and jobs. We had a lunch where Alumni spoke and I was very impressed by their career trajectory's - without exception they were all still very committed to the school.

Princeton itself, and the campus, was a pleasant and relaxed environment. It looks like a small English town actually. It is very small though - it seemed to basically be one road of shops, but about 15 minutes away is apparently a bigger shopping area.

The Graduate College has a basement bar which seems quite social. I heard from other students that if you are on the meal plan (ie living in Old Grad College or new Grad college) then that is very social and a good way to make new friends. If you live further away in the other apartment blocks you have to make a bit more of an effort to meet people, but the WWS students all hang out in the Robertson building (main WWS building) so you meet people there. Everyone I met was really lovely, articulate and interesting.

Good luck to all WWS waitlisters. It looks like we don't have much longer to wait as I think decisions by accepted students are due today.

Yes they were due at 5pm! Good luck and hope to see you at WWS soon.