Harris Decisions

madman

Similar mindset here... I will probably have to deny my admission offer due to financial reasons but would never do so simply because the decision came late or anything like that -- although it certainly would be frustrating!

I might even have to continue working/saving for another year (while I have a job :) and reapply next year... I wonder if asking for a deferral implies that they won't reconsider you for funding in the next admissions process... Does anyone happen to know?

Cheers,

For what it's worth, Chicago is off my list not because of the admissions process but because of financial reasons; if I could afford them they'd still be in the running. ;)

I finally got my admissions message today. I can't believe they would give me 6 days to make it to the Open House and only 13 to respond. It's not that I now think the quality of the education is terrible, but I've already been visiting and seriously considering other schools and Chicago is now lower on my list. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you enjoy Chicago - I'm sure it's a great choice!

I finally got my admissions message today. I can't believe they would give me 6 days to make it to the Open House and only 13 to respond. It's not that I now think the quality of the education is terrible, but I've already been visiting and seriously considering other schools and Chicago is now lower on my list. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you enjoy Chicago - I'm sure it's a great choice!

I spoke with them on Friday and they let me know that my decision had not yet been made. They said they were working through the PhD apps and had done the first round of Masters admits.

Did I hear you right? They said your decision has not been made after numerous e-mails saying they will get back to all of us by March 22nd or is it the 27th. Harris admissions is really turning into a joke. So sorry you are still waiting I hope they are not planning on getting back to you a day before the Admitted Students day. Good luck!

I spoke with them on Friday and they let me know that my decision had not yet been made. They said they were working through the PhD apps and had done the first round of Masters admits.

It's a little nuts but I'm a doctoral applicant so the process is less well organized. It's still not my favorite thing.

Did I hear you right? They said your decision has not been made after numerous e-mails saying they will get back to all of us by March 22nd or is it the 27th. Harris admissions is really turning into a joke. So sorry you are still waiting I hope they are not planning on getting back to you a day before the Admitted Students day. Good luck!