Hopkins SAIS

indyir

i DID NOT SEE A THREAD YET. I heard that Hopkins replies as soon as Columbia -SIPA. Am so tensed, anyone heard anything yet ?

not me... i have it stored somewhere in my brain that hopkins and/or SIPA are sending their things out today but no word yet for me so...

SAIS won't be sending out notifications until next week.

I applied to SAIS but have not seen any info on dates for notifications. Thanks for sharing that info.

I'm intrugued to know - where did you find out that they'll be sending them out next week? Did you call up the admissions office?

I have a friend who works there and that's what she told me.

I applied to SAIS but have not seen any info on dates for notifications. Thanks for sharing that info.

I'm intrugued to know - where did you find out that they'll be sending them out next week? Did you call up the admissions office?

Astra2011 - thanks, I was also curious about the source.

According to last year's threads, SAIS decisions went out on 3/20. Georgetown SFS went out on 3/15, and SIPA started releasing during the first week of March.

Just a guess, but I bet we'll start to hear from SIPA this week.

It would be nice to know what the notification date will be this year for SAIS. If anyone hears anything concrete I'll add it to the little chart that I've hung in my cube right above my computer screen. Yes, this is pretty much all I think about.

Edited by SarahL

I have no idea. There was at least one essay-based fellowship that covered full tuition (deadline was back in February I think). Receiving full funding for one or both years fully funded is probably relatively rare, but I don't have any statistics to back that up.

Right now I'm in the process of trying to talk myself out of calling the admissions office to ask when they expect to release decisions. I know they are busy - but it would be nice to have a hard deadline to look forward too.

So SAIS and Georgetown acceptances will be out next week? Just acceptances, or the whole shebang (rejections and waitlists)?

I have a major interview for a fellowship next week, and I should know by the end of the week whether or not I got it...so maybe they'll hold off until I can let them know if I got it. heh.

So SAIS and Georgetown acceptances will be out next week? Just acceptances, or the whole shebang (rejections and waitlists)?

I have a major interview for a fellowship next week, and I should know by the end of the week whether or not I got it...so maybe they'll hold off until I can let them know if I got it. heh.

Georgetown is definitely next week on 3/15 - whole shebang. But I don't think we have anything concrete for SAIS. I do believe they release all the MA decisions at once (unless you applied though the Bologna Center) - but we don't know what day it will be yet. Last year it was 3/15.

Georgetown is definitely next week on 3/15 - whole shebang. But I don't think we have anything concrete for SAIS. I do believe they release all the MA decisions at once (unless you applied though the Bologna Center) - but we don't know what day it will be yet. Last year it was 3/15.

Awesome. Thanks. That week is either going to be AWESOME or completely blow. hahaha!

Hm - just noticed that the admitted students day at SIPA is Tuesday 4/12. At SAIS it's Wednesday 4/13 (according to the "your application is complete email" they sent mid January.

An email from SAIS I received says that "their reading process is usually complete by mid-March with admissions decisions being made shortly thereafter".

Looks like last year was 15th, year before March 20th.

I'm still not sure where you're seeing 3/15 for SAIS.

An email from SAIS I received says that "their reading process is usually complete by mid-March with admissions decisions being made shortly thereafter".

Looks like last year was 15th, year before March 20th.

Got it, thanks. This process as driven me to the point where I read "mid-March" and hope that means March 9.

6pm on March 7th counts as 'early March' according to SIPA (congrats on your acceptance, by the way. I'm still waiting), so March 9th is a bit hopeful for 'mid March'. But you never know!

Got it, thanks. This process as driven me to the point where I read "mid-March" and hope that means March 9.

I had a dream that as I was brushing my teeth in the morning I received an acceptance email from SAIS (with scholarship!) .

As I was reading the email on my phone (in my dream), I woke up, grabbed my phone and checked

.... only to find out that it was just a dream ~_~ (but it was so real...)

I hope it comes true for you! :)

I had a dream that as I was brushing my teeth in the morning I received an acceptance email from SAIS (with scholarship!) .

As I was reading the email on my phone (in my dream), I woke up, grabbed my phone and checked

.... only to find out that it was just a dream ~_~ (but it was so real...)

I finally broke down and called (I'm weak). The person answering the phone didn't have any specifics, but she did say not to expect anything until next week.

Oh well - guess hearing something this week was too optimistic after all.

Edited by SarahL