Hopkins SAIS

indyir

I got in too - have to complete micro and macroeconomics...

also - sorry for the earlier information on decisions being released late March - I have no clue as to why she would say that to me!

Edited by prabbit

I'm in too!!

Fletcher, SAIS and HKS (sadly not even waitlisted, I think IR not Public Policy is definitely my business...) all in the same day! That was so totally unexpected. I'm so happy.

But still no news about $$$ from SAIS.

The letter only mentions concentration if you applied for IDEV (it's the only one that requires a specific acceptance).

Rest assured that despite the tremendous competition, there is room for all of you to study Canada at SAIS wink.gif

Congrats!

Thanks! That makes sense...just wanted to check.

I got in too - have to complete micro and macroeconomics...

also - sorry for the earlier information on decisions being released late March - I have no clue as to why she would say that to me!

Probably was stifling laughter as she spoke

I got in too! Wow! Wasn't expecting that at all!

But I got into Bologna...I'm a little confused...hmm...but at least it's an acceptance!

Bologna is a really great program. I actually spent a year there as an undergrad. If it wasn't for that experience, I definitely would have applied specifically to spend my first year at SAIS there.

I am sooooo rejected -with a nice mail basically saying "it's not me, it's you"..

Sorry to hear that. It looks like you have at least two really strong programs to pick from though!

Bologna is a really great program. I actually spent a year there as an undergrad. If it wasn't for that experience, I definitely would have applied specifically to spend my first year at SAIS there.

I wasn't even wait listed, lame, I wasn't the strongest applicant GRE wise but i was in the score range. In any case congrats to those who got in.

-Rob

Haha! I was so excited about getting in that I didn't even read that I was accepted to the Bologna campus, which I know nothing about. Does anyone know if it's possible to change your location to D.C., or is that going to be set in stone?

I was also accepted! Like a few others I was rejected by the IDEV program, though. That's not a huge deal for me, but I do wonder what I would have needed to get in. It must have been extremely competitive, so congrats kapture. Looking forward to funding info...

I was also accepted! Like a few others I was rejected by the IDEV program, though. That's not a huge deal for me, but I do wonder what I would have needed to get in. It must have been extremely competitive, so congrats kapture. Looking forward to funding info...

Thank you, I was really very surprised that I was admitted at all, and even more so that I made it into IDEV. It will be interesting to see how funding turns out, since that will play the biggest role in whether I decide to enroll or not.

Congrats everyone! :)

Yes so Happy :)

I got into American University as well, Masters in International Economics, but nothing tops Hopkins and Fletcher happiness :D Congrats Sarah to You too !

Awesome! Tufts and SAIS on the same afternoon!

Yes so Happy :)

I got into American University as well, Masters in International Economics, but nothing tops Hopkins and Fletcher happiness :D Congrats Sarah to You too !

got in as a Chinese applicant. no mention of funding.

What is so special about IDV concentration?

Congrats all who got in.

Made it! Into Bologna and not IDEV.

Oh well... choices choices.

SIPA... or Italy?

Still waiting on MSFS and got the waitlist for Fletcher today.

Interested in hearing peoples opinions on Bologna campus. The second year is done in DC or is the full 2 years in Italy?

Haha! I was so excited about getting in that I didn't even read that I was accepted to the Bologna campus, which I know nothing about. Does anyone know if it's possible to change your location to D.C., or is that going to be set in stone?

I am in the same boat. I wonder why at Bologna and not just in DC?

Made it! Into Bologna and not IDEV.

Oh well... choices choices.

SIPA... or Italy?

Still waiting on MSFS and got the waitlist for Fletcher today.

Interested in hearing peoples opinions on Bologna campus. The second year is done in DC or is the full 2 years in Italy?

Heard from a SAIS-Bologna student: A fantastic place but less resources compared to DC; Courses are almost the same; No China studies; Field trips to London, Berlin; Great experience in Europe but less internship opportunities. If any help. I got into Bologna but not IDEV as well.

I went to undergrad at Hopkins so I had the chance to spend my 3rd year as a SAIS student in Bologna. It was a great experience. In fact, I'm excited about the possibility of going to SAIS again, but a little sad that I won't have the chance to experience the first year in Bologna (someone asked earlier - yes, it's just the first year). That being said, once is probably enough so I specifically applied only for the DC program.

If anyone has any questions about Bologna, I'm happy to answer them (on this thread, or you can PM me). Disclaimer: I'm very pro-Bologna. The friendships, networking, and camaraderie, that you build as a class at the BC (Bologna Center) is unparalleled. Frankly, the people that have spent the year in DC together just won't be as close. That connection with your classmates matters long past graduation.

Anyway, let me know if you have questions. Congrats again to everyone!

After looking over the Bologna option I have become more excited about what it has to offer. I think the experience/abroad/connection factor greatly outweighs the more limited class/professor/internship selection. Any class that isn't offered in Bologna I can always take a semester or two down the line in DC, and it sounds like Bologna has most, if not all, of the required classes for the economic concentration anyway.

Moreover, since Bologna students have the advantage of doing a DC *and* Bologna pre-term, I'll be able to get the pre-req econ out of the way while spending my first month in Bologna focusing on Italian, which by itself sounds absolutely fantastic.