Japan Foundation Doctoral Fellowship

Lustforlife

• 1 year later...

The letterhead is dated March 5, I received the letter through snail mail to the permanent address I indicated on the application. The letter got in on March 10. I know an alternate, who also received the letter around the same time.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have to say if you haven't heard back yet it does not bode well...

Haven't heard myself, but not overly optimistic since all of us applying for Japan related grants at my university found out that our crazy language prof wrote some diatriable on the lang evaluations about white people never being able to learn Japanese competently. Yeaaaahhhh.... sigh :angry:

I actually wrote to inquire on Monday and was told that they hadn't decided on all of them yet, and that some folks wouldn't receive notification until they were sure- that they'd make the final decisions by today and then mail out a letter.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

For what it's worth, two responses arrived by mail to members of my department on Tuesday (one rejection, one acceptance).  I haven't heard anything yet, which is making me pretty legitimately crazy.

Good luck to everyone who applied!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I applied to the Japan Foundation this year. Anyone have any news? Another website had a post reporting an unofficial acceptance letter on 3/22.

• 1 year later...

Greetings, all! Since resurrecting this thread seems to be a yearly (biyearly?) tradition, I thought I would do the honors this time.

Has anyone else applied to the Japan Foundation fellowship this year?

• 4 weeks later...