NYU!

cheshirey

It looks like I'm deciding between NYU and another school now, as they were my two best-funded offers - now I'm just trying to figure out if a 24k a year stipend in NYC is really that much better of an offer than UCSD, taking cost of living into account :)

It looks like I'm deciding between NYU and another school now, as they were my two best-funded offers - now I'm just trying to figure out if a 24k a year stipend in NYC is really that much better of an offer than UCSD, taking cost of living into account :)

Ha! Mine isn't funded but to me, NY is a better choice than SD as I've always been a Northern California girl

MA in Near Eastern Studies with a business option @ Hagop Kevorkian Center

I was an Arabic major in college and was admitted by both kevorkian center and Georgetown MAAS, both without funding. It's been killing me, choosing between NYU and GT. But somehow I feel NYC suits me better... I'm not sure about my decision even now, when I'm about to mail my candidate reply form to NYU. And I'm trying my best to ignore those "choosing your grad school determines the rest of your life" talk. It scares me, and I think maybe it's better to leave it all to fate unsure.gif

I would love to get in touch with those who are about to be my fellow classmates. hohoemide@163.com E-mail me, if you're as uncertain as I am. We can share our fears about the futurewink.gif

MA in Near Eastern Studies with a business option @ Hagop Kevorkian Center

I was an Arabic major in college and was admitted by both kevorkian center and Georgetown MAAS, both without funding. It's been killing me, choosing between NYU and GT. But somehow I feel NYC suits me better... I'm not sure about my decision even now, when I'm about to mail my candidate reply form to NYU. And I'm trying my best to ignore those "choosing your grad school determines the rest of your life" talk. It scares me, and I think maybe it's better to leave it all to fate unsure.gif

I would love to get in touch with those who are about to be my fellow classmates. hohoemide@163.com E-mail me, if you're as uncertain as I am. We can share our fears about the futurewink.gif

Agreed! I'm so torn between NYU/GT at this point. Looks like no funding at either. My boyfriend will be at NYU this fall, which is making it hard to be objective in making my decision...eek!

Agreed! I'm so torn between NYU/GT at this point. Looks like no funding at either. My boyfriend will be at NYU this fall, which is making it hard to be objective in making my decision...eek!

Well, you don't have to be objective... Nobody can. IMO, whichever you pick, as long as you work hard, take good care of yourself, you can't lose.

Anyway, best of luck !

• 2 weeks later...

I may be there as well! Still holding out for financial aid/funding but I am leaning towards NYU... I'll get back to you when i finally make this wretched decision : )

I was also accepted to NYU. I received my financial aid but I am still not sure if I want to go there. The cost of living is so high! I guess I have a week to decide..

I was also accepted to NYU. I received my financial aid but I am still not sure if I want to go there. The cost of living is so high! I guess I have a week to decide..

Hi DKT -- when did you receive information about your financial aid? And was it helpful (did it include any scholarships or grants) or just info about loans? The cost of living is really high -- definitely an obstacle for me as well! Where else are you considering?

Hi DKT -- when did you receive information about your financial aid? And was it helpful (did it include any scholarships or grants) or just info about loans? The cost of living is really high -- definitely an obstacle for me as well! Where else are you considering?

Hey I received it yesterday. It was somewhat helpful. I received some scholarship but not nearly enough...I am not sure that I want to take out such large loans for a Master's program especially because I want to apply to a PhD afterwards. The cost of living is so high it is making me think twice about going. I will call financial aid tomorrow to figure it all out.

Hey everyone! I've accepted my offer at NYU this morning, for a PhD in ME Studies. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should apply for university housing.

I've practically decided. Just need to send in the check, haha. What made you pick NYU?

Its one of the only schools with a study abroad program. Plus, I couldn't miss the chance to move from a small town to a big city :D

Hello fellow NYUers!

I'm going for a PhD in History. I'm already living in Brooklyn, but since I'll be moving in with my girlfriend over the summer, I'm also getting ready for some intensive apartment hunting. Good luck everyone!

Anyone attending Stern?

I am! going for the phd in IS this fall.

Anyone knows when will we receive the enrollment package btw? I'm an international student so would have to apply for my visa too.