Schools with Late Admissions Deadlines

skamen

I've been waitlisted at one PhD program and rejected by two others. At present, I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from two more. I'm getting increasingly neverous and wondering about the possibility of applying to other programs.

The thought of applying to more programs didn't occur to me until a friend of mine mentioned the University of Alabama's April deadline. Does anyone know of PhD programs (for 20th Century U.S. History) with deadlines that have not passed or an online resource somewhere that would list programs?

Thanks!

I've been waitlisted at one PhD program and rejected by two others. At present, I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from two more. I'm getting increasingly neverous and wondering about the possibility of applying to other programs.

The thought of applying to more programs didn't occur to me until a friend of mine mentioned the University of Alabama's April deadline. Does anyone know of PhD programs (for 20th Century U.S. History) with deadlines that have not passed or an online resource somewhere that would list programs?

Thanks!

Not sure... but you may want to read carefully about funding. Sometimes they have these late deadlines because they're for no-funding. A lot of funding decisions have to happen in February/March because of the budget. That's why MA programs are often much later than PhD deadlines.

I still haven't heard from Bama and I applied by January 1 which was their MA/PhD funding deadline. Also, everything goes through their grad admissions office and they require everything six weeks ahead of departmental deadlines so I'd give them a call. Brandeis has merit and need-based assistance, but I'm not sure if the PhD deadline is as late as the MA.

Some UK and Ireland schools have a March deadline (don't remember exactly when). If I didn't get into any of my schools, I was considering applying to Kings College London and Trinity College Dublin in March, but won't be doing that now.