American SIS decision

I don't really understand... what determines if they send an email or not? My VIP and application pages have no changes, but it says that they will mail out the decision.

Acceptance Via Email rejections via paper possibly....

Haven't received anything yet :'-(

Just heard from American SIS for the Masters Science in Development Management program - accepted! They send it via mail, the letter was dated March 8 but it did not arrive until the 15th (sent to South Carolina, if that adds any perspective on mail timing). Good luck to those still waiting, hopefully your decision is in the mail...!

I called to ask about funding details.. the person i spoke to said it will be in the mail package and since I am in Mumbai, I will not recieve it till next week. So she checked for me taking my name n details and said I did not receive any funding unfortunately :(

Anyone rejected? I've lost all hope rejected everywhere and waiting to hear from SIS and MSFS... FML

I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything, and I live pretty close by, so I'm convinced I'm just being rejected everywhere :\

They said they'll send them out in waves. This year they have about 1300 applicants and they admit about 300.

last year i believe they sent them out in waves, so i wouldnt be too discouraged if nothing yet... i havent heard and im still hoping.

Yep got mine by snail mail yesterday too. No funding (for some reason they did not get my two mailed recs and transcript until after the deadline - lost it or postal service...probs lost it). No matter, going somewhere else. Good luck to everyone!

Got my packet, but in a round-about way. It went to a former address so I had to get my old roommate opening for me over the phone since I didn't want to wait. Least I got in!

Got the big envelope today! No funding, though, so it's off to Georgetown or Syracuse and six figures of student loan debt.

Accepted into the MA International Affairs but I don't understand the funding letter....

If all your award letter consisted of is the same $21K/yr. in Stafford loans that every other student at every other university is eligible for, then you didn't get any grants or scholarships. And I'm right there with you on that one.

For those of you accepted, congrats!

I wanted to know for those who were accepted via snail mail, what coast do you live on? I live in California. I'm wondering if I may get something or not.

I'm in the NW, got mine in the mail today (3/16). Someone said they'll be coming in waves, so try not to panic if you don't get anything this week. (I know, easier said than done.)

For those of you accepted, congrats!

I wanted to know for those who were accepted via snail mail, what coast do you live on? I live in California. I'm wondering if I may get something or not.

I'm in Arizona, haven't gotten anything yet. I'm anxiously awaiting a thick packet in the mail, although I suppose I could also receive a reject. I was waitlisted for GW and the only other school I applied to was George Mason, which is my backup. Nothing has been changed on my VIP page and there were people in other forums who said they were getting emails. Maybe they're international students? Oh the other thing though is that on the SIS admissions page up in the top right hand corner it says that applications for the Fall Master's class are still being accepted, why would they still be accepting applications? They didn't get enough at this point?

Got my acceptance in the (old fashioned) mail yesterday! I live in the northern Midwest, in case people are curious.

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by the admissions package? There was more information on how 'green' the new SIS building is (although it does look pretty nice) than on my actual program, and the main informational brochure was half full of material that only really applied to undergrads. It's great that 40% of SIS students study abroad, but I'm not sure you want to make that a main selling point when you're trying to convince grad students to choose your school.

Got my acceptance in the (old fashioned) mail yesterday! I live in the northern Midwest, in case people are curious.

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by the admissions package? There was more information on how 'green' the new SIS building is (although it does look pretty nice) than on my actual program, and the main informational brochure was half full of material that only really applied to undergrads. It's great that 40% of SIS students study abroad, but I'm not sure you want to make that a main selling point when you're trying to convince grad students to choose your school.

I was just about to post the same thing. I had been waiting all week for the package and there really wasn't anything that I didn't already know in the package, and I had to roll my eyes at the pamphlet about how green the campus is when it's inserted in a snail mail package filled with paper that I'm throwing out right away.

Also, no funding, which is making my decision much easier.

I'm in!!! I'm thrilled to have an acceptance, but I won't be making a decision until I find out about my wait list situation.

Fyi, I received the letter today, and it was dated March 10th. I live in Northern VA, just a few miles outside of DC.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on their results!