University of Arizona MA

I applied to U of A's MA, and I haven't heard anything back yet. I don't know if this means I'm definitely rejected, or if the MA results just take longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else applied to U of A's Masters program?

I applied to U of A's MA, and I haven't heard anything back yet. I don't know if this means I'm definitely rejected, or if the MA results just take longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else applied to U of A's Masters program?

You may need to contact them if enough time goes by. I applied to their M.A. Lit program in 2008, and I never heard ANYTHING back at all. No acceptance, no rejection, no "sorry, we forgot you." They e-mailed me once to let me know my application was complete, and I never heard back again. Fortunately for me, this program was one of my last choices, and by the time I would have needed to seriously look into it, my plans for my M.A. had already been finalized elsewhere. Hopefully they get back to you, but if you're starting to get antsy (and based on my own prior experience), I'd e-mail or call at least to find out where they are in their review process. Best of luck to you! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's April 12, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them about my MA application as well. Did you ever hear anything back?

I called the department, which transferred me to the voicemail of Dr.Nathanson, the DGS. Left a voicemail, heard nothing back. WTF? If that's how they treat applicants, then how do they treat grad students?

If the MA situation is anything like the PhD situation, then it's a money issue. They're probably waiting for Arizona's state legislature to pass a damn budget or something. Arizona typically accepts 15 incoming PhD students. This year, they are only admitting half-a-dozen or so. I was one of the 15 "admitted," but they emailed me several weeks ago saying they are waiting for funding to finalize the admission. I've emailed several times for updates . . . nada. My guess is that they're too embarrased or frustrated to admit that, no, they can't accept as many as they would like this year because the State of Arizona is going bankrupt.

Jump the public ship, my friends. Go private!

Edited by RockDenali