DePaul University

beelz

I'm most likely going there this fall as well, though for the English MA and not Writing and Publishing. I'm still waiting to hear back on assistantships, and waiting on one other school, but DePaul is looking quite likely!

Yes, the more I look at it the more I like it too! I'm a big fan of the school's mission statement as well. For some reason I had in my head that they'd notify assistantship recipients near the end of March, but I'm not sure where I got that date. Either way, it's coming up soon.

yeah the living issue... lincoln park is pretty expensive, I don't really think that I want to do that. other than that, also, it is like either families and fancy professors, or undergrads-there are not so many cool places to hang ot.

i think the logan square area and the andersonville are really nice. Last year when I went to chicago for study abroad, I lived in andersonville, it's a nice(a bit yuppie though) environment, by the redline, relatively reasonable prices and transportation.

other than that, I really liked the logan square-great cafes,restaurants(there is a fantastic italian restaurant that would be enough to make me wanna live there). all the other grad students I know live there-the only problem would be that the transport would be by bus rather than train. prices are really reasonable, and it is a secure part of the city, too. there are no posts fpr august anywhere yet, so it is more like daydreaming:)

What about you guys-do you have any ideas?I don't know maybe I am way too excited about moving to chicago!

Yeah, Lincoln Park is ridiculous. I found some reasonably priced places in Lakeview. I don't know anyone, so I'd probably be living by myself in a tiny studio. Good transportation is a must because I think I'm leaving my car in Texas :[

I heard Wrigleyville was doable if you don't mind game day noise.

I'm going to look at Andersonville since it seems pretty cool. Have you visited the campus, yet?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I am looking for rooms around DePaul University too. Do let me know if any apartment turns out to be affordable. I am also hunting for rooms but they are very pricey. I would let you guys know if something decent in terms of rent is found :)