Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Defending M.A. Thesis in CJ

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SusieQ

SusieQ

Caffeinated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMoscow, ID
  • Program:Ph.D. Women's Studies (fully funded)

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

This is a question for anyone that's defended and finished their M.A.

I am defending my Master's thesis in a couple of weeks and I've chatted with the chair of my committee about their expectations regarding thesis format/structure. They were extremely vague and when asked if utilizing power point would be allowed, they said no. Can anyone give me some pointers, especially those those who didn't use PPT or other visual aids? I've scoured the university's webpages, looking for any formal written expectations but found nothing. I've been reading quite a bit online about the general guidelines for a successful defense and I've been keeping up with my literature, however, it definitely helps to hear from others who have gone through it already!

Thanks for your help in advance!
Attending: Texas Woman's University (Ph.D. in Women's Studies)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users