HKS Mid-Career MPA

Aoteroa

For those who are waiting to hear about the Harvard Kennedy School Mid-Career MPA - I spoke to the HKS Admissions Office and they said the decisions would be coming out next week ie w/c 28 March. Sigh....that's a lot more waiting to go!

Applied: HKS Mid-Career MPA & WWS MPP

Accepted: WWS ($)

Thanks for the update Aoteroa. I wonder how long it will take to communicate all results to everyone. Think that it will be starting next week and will be rolling all the way up till end of April grr :( Did they say that they would be telling most people next week?

Thanks!

For those who are waiting to hear about the Harvard Kennedy School Mid-Career MPA - I spoke to the HKS Admissions Office and they said the decisions would be coming out next week ie w/c 28 March. Sigh....that's a lot more waiting to go!

Applied: HKS Mid-Career MPA & WWS MPP

Accepted: WWS ($)

Hopefully not rolling until end of April! They said that our decisions would have to be made quite quickly due to the waiting list (I didn't clarify what "quickly" meant though). I also asked whether financial aid decisions would come out soon afterwards as I needed to get back to WWS by 15 April and she said that she didn't know exactly when they would come out but she expected I would have all the information by 15 April. Not exactly concrete information but still useful. At least knowing the decisions don't come out until next week has made me stop checking my email account every 2 minutes!

Very true - I check my email like a mad woman! Good to know that they need quick decisions. Means they will communicate early ... at least to the people they really want :)

Thanks for the update.

Good luck on getting in. The more time goes by the more I am thinking that I won't!

Hopefully not rolling until end of April! They said that our decisions would have to be made quite quickly due to the waiting list (I didn't clarify what "quickly" meant though). I also asked whether financial aid decisions would come out soon afterwards as I needed to get back to WWS by 15 April and she said that she didn't know exactly when they would come out but she expected I would have all the information by 15 April. Not exactly concrete information but still useful. At least knowing the decisions don't come out until next week has made me stop checking my email account every 2 minutes!

Very true - I check my email like a mad woman! Good to know that they need quick decisions. Means they will communicate early ... at least to the people they really want :)

Thanks for the update.

Good luck on getting in. The more time goes by the more I am thinking that I won't!

Did any of you interview for Mid-Career MPA Program? I interviewed last year, but they didn't call this year...

No - I've had no contact about an interview. I hadn't heard that they did that. Is that standard practice?

Did any of you interview for Mid-Career MPA Program? I interviewed last year, but they didn't call this year...

Hi everyone,

I also called this Monday (since someone at HKS told me this year they were "planning" to send out the decisions earlier) and the response was "for the Mid-Careers, we will be sending out the decisions next week." so unlike last year, I hope they don't drag out the process.

Suz

Indeed it has. I am so nervous. I was absolutely fine until I knew that decisions are out next week! :) Now I will be taking a deep breath every time I open my email.

Good luck everyone!

Just can't wait much longer, it's a long time since Dec 3rd!

Indeed it has. I am so nervous. I was absolutely fine until I knew that decisions are out next week! :) Now I will be taking a deep breath every time I open my email.

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone,

Finally! I got a message from HKS Admissions Office and they congratulated me!!! FYI Letter is dated March 25.

I am international student and I had to apply through Edward S.Mason Program, but I believe the whole selection process goes simultaniously and decisions on your application will be mailed to you pretty soon.

I was getting more and more nervous past weeks and I understand so well your feelings.

I wish you to hear HKS Admissions Office decision ASAP.

I also hope to see you guys at Harvard...

Best wishes.

Hi everyone,

Finally! I got a message from HKS Admissions Office and they congratulated me!!! FYI Letter is dated March 25.

I am international student and I had to apply through Edward S.Mason Program, but I believe the whole selection process goes simultaniously and decisions on your application will be mailed to you pretty soon.

I was getting more and more nervous past weeks and I understand so well your feelings.

Best wishes.

Congrats to you. I am an international student applying for the Mason programme. I too am waiting to hear from the HKS. still i didnt hear anything. I worry whether I am not selected. :( Shall i write to the admission office and see? :mellow:

Anyone else heard anything?

I have not yet - and I am going crazy! I am an international applicant of the MC/MPA (not Mason's).

Patience is a virtue that I definitely do not have :)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats to you. I am an international student applying for the Mason programme. I too am waiting to hear from the HKS. still i didnt hear anything. I worry whether I am not selected. :( Shall i write to the admission office and see? :mellow:

I just talked to Admissions. They said that Mason decisions have been going out on a rolling basis but that the regular MC/MPA would be going out all at the same time, likely on the 31st. Phew. Hope that helps and stops us all checking email today and tomorrow and going half crazy!

I just talked to Admissions. They said that Mason decisions have been going out on a rolling basis but that the regular MC/MPA would be going out all at the same time, likely on the 31st. Phew. Hope that helps and stops us all checking email today and tomorrow and going half crazy!

Thanks a lot for letting us know the 3/31 date. I'm also a MCMPA applicant but spent half of my career in Asia. Good luck everyone, I hope we all get in from this Forum!

Thanks so much for the information! That will definitely help stop the constant checking of my gmail account.

Thanks a lot for letting us know the 3/31 date. I'm also a MCMPA applicant but spent half of my career in Asia. Good luck everyone, I hope we all get in from this Forum!

Good luck to everyone. I feel a bit uncomfortable for having received my offer earlier than you and posting it on that wall. Once again wish all of you good luck.

Yes thanks for the 3/31 date. Good luck guys.

I just called Admissions and they said decisions for the MC/MPA will be out on Friday April 1st! (should I be skeptical of that date! ha!)

I hope Alyson's info is more accurate!...and the wait continues....lets hope for news before the weekend...fingers crossed!

Edited by matty

I just called Admissions and they said decisions for the MC/MPA will be out on Friday April 1st! (should I be skeptical of that date! ha!)

I hope Alyson's info is more accurate!...and the wait continues....lets hope for news before the weekend...fingers crossed!

Matty ..................I called the admission office too......I received the same answer 01/04/2011. Let wait another day.

Suspension is killing me.

Hi everyone,

Best wishes.

For those on the Mason Program who have had their acceptance can you tell us whether you have been invited to a Hosting Weekend at Kennedy School, and when it is? Thanks! (and congratulations!!)