HKS Mid-Career MPA

Aoteroa

I heard, third hand, that they only just started looking at our Applications (non-mason) on 1 April. So it seems the chances of hearing until later in April are low. It's really very frustrating and is making my other option (WWS) look far more appealing - they've been very communicative and helpful. Hope everyone is surviving the wait ok!

Hi, Last week I had been told the Mason MPA results would be out by week ending April 8 and here's the email I just got to my query of Saturday for an update, as I had not heard from them:

"The Enrollment/ Admissions Office has sent all notifications to the admits by now. The only notifications pending are the candidates that did not make it. Best of luck!"

If anyone on this list has heard of admissions or otherwise, do update us.

P

Applied: HKS - Mason MPA; CMU-Heinz MPM; NYU Wagner EMPA

Admitted: Heinz and Wagner

For those of you waiting for notification from the Mason fellowship; if you have not recieved a confirmation yet, I am afraid you didn't get in. They sent out all the notifications last friday. Sorry folks. Congrats to those go got in and Good luck to the rest of the MC/MPAs.

For those of you waiting for notification from the Mason fellowship; if you have not recieved a confirmation yet, I am afraid you didn't get in. They sent out all the notifications last friday. Sorry folks. Congrats to those go got in and Good luck to the rest of the MC/MPAs.

OMG are you kidding me ?

I'm going to confirm this I have some enrollment officer contacts and maybe call in ... are you sure this is reliable information ? What a way to be notified of rejection this is not nice

So no one from the Mason apps on this forum can tell us if they were notified of acceptance ... awwwwwwwwwww *crying*

Good luck everyone hopr all your career goals come true, blessings!

Sorry for the crying note folks, I am travelling right now and I called home yesterday and they told me I had a big package that arrived on the mail, well the app status on sparks is still nothing so it can't be that surely sparks would have also been updated

I had a dream that my application file had a waiting note until May at the top and a recommendation for admission in the bottom, ugh ... it must have been illusions

It's not the end of the world and good luck with other schools guys!!!! Something better is most likely around the corner...

Mate, If you have a big package waiting, you probably did get in. I had a chat to both the director and Asst. Director and they told me in no uncertain terms that "game over" for some of us! Anyway, I desperately hope that I am wrong or was not misinformed but i think that is it. Good luck in all your endeavours

My latest correspondence to the enrollment admissions people

Why won't they say if we have been rejected , I specifically asked if Masons who have not been notified by now have been rejected... how can I find out my status for sure and not the generic ... what does this email mean ...

Dear ......,

Mason applicants will be notified by April 30 of their application decision.

Kind Regards,

Admissions Staff

What I think is pretty ridiculous is the fact that they pretty much ignore the fact that many other schools require decisions and deposits by Apr 15th. This cannot have been a surprise to KSG as they go through this process every year.

I just spoke to HKS. This lady says that EVERYONE that has been admitted to the MC/MPA has already been notified via email. All others will receive their rejections or Waitlist status end-of-business tomorrow. So I guess if you haven't heard from them by now, unfortunately you might not get in.

I just spoke to HKS. This lady says that EVERYONE that has been admitted to the MC/MPA has already been notified via email. All others will receive their rejections or Waitlist status end-of-business tomorrow. So I guess if you haven't heard from them by now, unfortunately you might not get in.

Thanks Hezronk. Did you specifically ask whether "everyone" includes all Mason plus Non-Mason Mid-Career MPA's? I was told by Admissions they were being done separately. This is confusing!

Thanks Hezronk. Did you specifically ask whether "everyone" includes all Mason plus Non-Mason Mid-Career MPA's? I was told by Admissions they were being done separately. This is confusing!

I only called the Mason MC/MPA office. I'm a Mason applicant and I told her as such. Therefore, I guess she gave me Mason applicant's status. It's highly possible that non-Mason applicants could be in a different pool.

I only called the Mason MC/MPA office. I'm a Mason applicant and I told her as such. Therefore, I guess she gave me Mason applicant's status. It's highly possible that non-Mason applicants could be in a different pool.

Just called the Admissions Office but no one picked up. To share my experience from last year, it appears that HKS was the last school to decide and many were outraged at the delay past their other deadlines. This year though, I think the admissions started out well-intentioned, one of the HKS "Ambassadors" from open house informed me the results would come out late March and as we all know by now, HKS just couldn't pull it through for the Mid-Careers even though the application deadline was moved three months earlier from past years(last year the deadline was March 12).

For me personally, I was waitlisted on May 18 and rejected 3 days later May 21! My personal inference from all this is admissions is pretty much a numbers game, and Harvard having the biggest Mid-Career MPA program of 200 students (100 Edward Mason, 100 from US) they are presently still figuring out from the admitted Mason's what is the exact number, they will then notify the Mason waitlist-reject list and wait a few days AND then inform us, the US applicants (last group of HKS applicants to receive notice).

That being said, it really doesn't help any of us since we can complain and get anxious all we want, but according to the website, HKS notification date is by April 30th. But the good news for us (note: this is from inference again), the applicant pool has swelled again so it is more difficult for admissions to figure out exactly how many from each program will accept based on empirical evidence. So for those of you who have gotten in and soon who will get in, HKS is getting more and more competitive!

I just heard about my application decision about an hour ago. The decision is a reject ... Game is really over for the Masons Im sorry guys ...

I guess the next decisions will be going out for the US MC/MPA's ... I wouldn't be worried if I were a real public policy person I would re apply and correct my application ... but the biggest issue for me was that my profile was really more MBA and this issue came up a lot even on the interview ... mostly corporate experience so I am genuinely no longer interested in HKS and will get on with other programs at other schools ... and the MBA

Good luck to all I hope you all have fun on the JFK street corners!

Much Blessings , I'm sooooooooooooooo re lieved!

I got my decision. Hey guys I didnt get through. What a petty.... waited so long and an anti climax. Now I have to look into other avenues. Well good luck for everyone one who are selected. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and information in the forum.

I got my decision. Hey guys I didnt get through. What a petty.... waited so long and an anti climax. Now I have to look into other avenues. Well good luck for everyone one who are selected. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and information in the forum.

Im sorry guys I dont think I would really worry if i were interested I would try and re apply and correct any pitfalls on the application ...

A first time reject from Harvard is normalty I think, I know a lot of people who do get in the second time around ...

Best of luck to the US Mid Careers sorry to frighten you with these posts ...

Folks I don't mean to turn this into a Ding rant but it seems a lot of people on this forum who applied onto the program have some amazing profiles out there!!

I have looked at some profiles who have been accepted from previous years from my country (South Africa) and they are very unimpressive old school politics people who will likely never return to my country to do anything meaningful for the struggling people over there, ugh , just cause they were associated with big names in politics in their work history etc.

Again Im sorry for the rant but it seems if you don't have a big title with some big name head of state or some minister associated with , you may not get onto the mid career program, no matter how sincere or passionate you are about the public good ..

Let's go out there and make a change we are all going to do great things for the public, Harvard or not!

ugh