OGS 2011-2012 Results

stanxv

I just found out that I will be receiving $7500 for a graduate fellowship, as well as $9000 for a research fellowship at Brock University. Does this mean I wont be able to receive OGS?

I just found out that I will be receiving $7500 for a graduate fellowship, as well as $9000 for a research fellowship at Brock University. Does this mean I wont be able to receive OGS?

Exactly what 'wantingthatsshrc' said. If you receive an OGS, you will mostly likely lose your TAship (your graduate fellowship) and/or part of you advisor's funding (your research fellowship). Either way you will still take in roughly the same amount of money.

Edited by stanvx

my account now has a current-status date of yesterday (april 24) but no update. still just,

Your 2011-2012 OGS application form and all required supporting documentation has been received. It will be forwarded to the Selection Board for consideration. Information on the results of the competition will be available in early May 2011. Please check back after this date.

Just received an OGS!! Check your status!!

thanks for the heads up and congratulations! ! mine hasnt changed but i guess now is when we start checking multiple times a day. woohoo!

Edited by n31290

I haven't gotten an update yet either. Well, now I'll start checking it (even more) obsessively.

Congratulations!

Edited by avsilver

Was your status updated April 25th? Mine still says Last update April 24th.

I do remember that updates occur after midnight mostly.

Now that NSERC is out of the way, please post any news you may have about your OGS results. Results should be available around the 15th of April, but has anyone's status changed early?

Did you apply for Master's or Doctoral?

I don't get it. Doesn't OSAP email you anytime anything new is updated on your account? Do we even really need to be refreshing the website?

I think for the OGS results you just check online and then expect your snail mail.

I think for the OGS results you just check online and then expect your snail mail.

Yeah, that's right. OGS doesn't email your results, they only update their website and then send the results via regular post. I read last year that they only update the website over night, but my results for 2010 were posted in the middle of the day, so... it's your call as to whether or not to obsessively check the website. :)

Edited by avsilver

Last year the winners found out first and the unsuccessful applicants found out today (April 26th) around 12-1pm.

no status change- Date still says April 24

Edited by ajesusj