OGS 2011-2012 Results

stanxv

Question for the successful applicants: Is your OGS award tenable for a Masters or a PhD program?

Either. It depends on what you originally applied for (i.e. the Masters or PhD OGS scholarship). There were slightly different requirements for each.

Either. It depends on what you originally applied for (i.e. the Masters or PhD OGS scholarship). There were slightly different requirements for each.

I apologize, I was not clear: I meant to ask whether the applicants were PhD or Masters students? My hope is that the ones finding out are of one category or the other.

Just out of curiosity... it seems two out of the three of those who have currently posted positive results list the Sciences as their concentration. Perhaps it has only been particular disciplines that have released the results so far? Some selection boards may have finished more quickly than others? Not sure what has happened in the past...

Let's try to make this forum helpful. So when people post in the future about success and failure, please post level (MA or PhD), discipline, date of status change (not day you found out, but what it says on site), and maybe even school if you are comfortable with that.

From what I am reading this is the information we have:

3 successes posted thus far, status updated April 24th, 2011 - like Jargon99 said:

-stanvx (PhD, no discipline stated) - I am guessing science(?)

-ictidomys (No level stated, Biology)

-wlugrad (No level stated, biochemistry)

If there are people who have received successes who are not in bio or biochem, please post to give us a better idea of who is getting word.

Let's try to give each other maximum information, otherwise this forum is just good for increasing blood-pressure.

-----

In the past year people started getting successes on the 14th of April. More successes were reported on the 20th and 21st of April (alongside people on remission list). People started getting failures on the 26th.

Edited by fricafrak

@avsilver

You can be an undergrad, masters or PhD student. The application you fill out depends on what your 'status' will be the following September. For example, you can be in your 4th year when you apply for OGS as an upcoming masters student. Or, you can be a master student in your second year and apply as an upcoming PhD student. Or, you can be a master student in your first year and apply as a continuing masters student.

Hope this helps.

@fricafrak

Yes, I am also in Biology/Environmental Sciences.

@avsilver

You can be an undergrad, masters or PhD student. The application you fill out depends on what your 'status' will be the following September. For example, you can be in your 4th year when you apply for OGS as an upcoming masters student. Or, you can be a master student in your second year and apply as an upcoming PhD student. Or, you can be a master student in your first year and apply as a continuing masters student.

Hope this helps.

I think what avsilver means to ask whether those who have been successful so far are MA or PhD applicants, not who can apply for these awards. smile.gif

Stanvx, avsilver was only wondering whether you are a Masters of PhD student! But you answered it in your post, so you indirectly answered the question anyways!

Edit: Oggy, so quick.

Edited by Dave_WLU

Stanvx, avsilver was only wondering whether you are a Masters of PhD student! But you answered it in your post, so you indirectly answered the question anyways!

Edit: Oggy, so quick.

Oops. :P

Sorry, I'm a MSc. my current status date is still the 24th of April. Hope this helps to reduce the stress?

Let's try to make this forum helpful. So when people post in the future about success and failure, please post level (MA or PhD), discipline, date of status change (not day you found out, but what it says on site), and maybe even school if you are comfortable with that.

From what I am reading this is the information we have:

3 successes posted thus far, status updated April 24th, 2011 - like Jargon99 said:

-stanvx (PhD, no discipline stated) - I am guessing science(?)

-ictidomys (No level stated, Biology)

-wlugrad (No level stated, biochemistry)

If there are people who have received successes who are not in bio or biochem, please post to give us a better idea of who is getting word.

Let's try to give each other maximum information, otherwise this forum is just good for increasing blood-pressure.

-----

In the past year people started getting successes on the 14th of April. More successes were reported on the 20th and 21st of April (alongside people on remission list). People started getting failures on the 26th.

Last year there were a lot more people who posted successful results on April 14-15th. They came from a number of disciplines. We were told that results were being posted by panel (i.e., there are 12 panels withing the Social Sciences division). This year, we only have 3 post from Biology/Biochemistry.

https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal/en/A-ZListofAid/UCONT004253.html

It could be that only one panel (discipline code 400) has been posted so far.

Don't give up yet.

Edited by ajesusj

I called in to inquire about OGS results, and the person told me that results would be out early May. You can also check online, but apparently they're still in the process of updating everyone's statuses. I'm fretting myself, checking mine several times, but it still hasn't changed yet. Good luck, everyone!

I called in to inquire about OGS results, and the person told me that results would be out early May. You can also check online, but apparently they're still in the process of updating everyone's statuses. I'm fretting myself, checking mine several times, but it still hasn't changed yet. Good luck, everyone!

I suspect that this is just going to be their stock answer for awhile. They're probably rolling out the results over the next few days/weeks. They're probably not going to look into specific cases until at least mid-May if you haven't heard anything by then.

It is now 7:45 pm on April 26 and my status still says April 24. Is this the case for anyone else? Gotta love government bureaucracy ....

"April 24th" just represents the most recent date that they've updated your account. This one will take some time; just be patient.

it sounds like discipline code 400 is the only one with decisions so far. everyone else, when your decision comes through, can you remember to put your discipline code along with the date of your decision? helpful to those of us tracking our own discipline's results.