California College of the Arts

Chulo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! My name's Eric (http://www.Eric-Dyer.com) I am also going to be attending CCA this fall. I've been trying to find other forums (wish there was a cca grad school forum) for CCA to connect with other people and find out what to expect. Currently I live in Texas right now and am planning on how to get most of my things up to SF.

Where do you currently live and what is your work like?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woops, guess I didn't check for responses til now. My name is Em (www.em-meine.com) and I'm living in NYC. I'm planning to travel to SF in July to look for apartments with another friend from NY who's going to be in the fibers program. We're going to live together. My plan for now is to bring 2 checked bags and a carry on when I go to visit in July, leave everything with friends, come back and pack up my apartment here then refill the same bags when I fly out to move. I also have a cat I've gotta get out there. I'm also looking at freight shipping some stuff, but its so expensive. Cross country moving. Sucks. But then, ill be living in SF so thatll make up for it.

Hey! My name's Eric (http://www.Eric-Dyer.com) I am also going to be attending CCA this fall. I've been trying to find other forums (wish there was a cca grad school forum) for CCA to connect with other people and find out what to expect. Currently I live in Texas right now and am planning on how to get most of my things up to SF.

Where do you currently live and what is your work like?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi ! I just interviewed yesterday with CCA for their painting and drawing program. They told me that they would get back within the week about acceptance/rejection but it seemed really positive. I'm from California and currently live in Chicago. I went to SAIC for their post-bacc program and loved it, although there were some things about the school that I found a bit stifling. I had an interview with VCU last weekend that went horribly. The interview with CCA was so much better ! The man I spoke with was really lovely and it felt more like a real conversation instead of a strange interrogation. I miss California and would love to move back and be a part of the bay area art scene again and possibly the LA art scene. If I get in I'm thinking about moving to Oakland.....if anyone else out there is looking into Oakland it would be cool to find a big loft space to share.....I know a lot the students have been starting their own galleries. Anyway, I don't even know if I got in yet so I suppose I shouldn't be writing most of this......but I will get back to this forum soon.......