Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

hm..you should call jermaine and ask him about this...did you apply for the eta or full? i think both are supposed to attend the pre-departure orientation but i could be wrong.

Jermaine Jones told me that full grant applicants to Sub-Saharan Africa will not need to attend a pre-departure orientation, only ETAs.

I did not receive a save the date email, and I applied for a full-grant.

Jermaine Jones told me that full grant applicants to Sub-Saharan Africa will not need to attend a pre-departure orientation, only ETAs.

i'm don't know if the MENA countries and the SSA countries have similar policies with the whole pre-departure orientation thing.

it was weird because i got two emails for save the date: the first was a general one for all applicants, but the second specifically stated the dates for the ETA orientation.

at this point, i don't think it matters whether people received the email or not. we're going to find out soon enough if we are accepted.

morocco is not a part of sub-saharan africa...

hm..you should call jermaine and ask him about this...did you apply for the eta or full? i think both are supposed to attend the pre-departure orientation but i could be wrong.

Thank you so much ES90! I called Jermaine. He is really nice. The emails were sent to me on the 15th as well; I gave him a new email address just to be sure that it was not an issue with the address (rather than spam). Good luck to you!

Thank you so much ES90! I called Jermaine. He is really nice. The emails were sent to me on the 15th as well; I gave him a new email address just to be sure that it was not an issue with the address (rather than spam). Good luck to you!

that's awesome! glad i could help. are you applying for the full grant or eta?

I would but I have e-mailed them way too many times...

And as for not hearing by now... I feel as if it's likely that we're alternates.

Hormann didn't respond yet to an email I sent him late last week (Friday), so I assume he was not in his office today. It's just him doing all of this.

Okay so last week I emailed Jim Miller of MAECE about decisions - he replied:

I know you are probably very anxious, but the announcements, which will come from the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York, will come by the end of this month.  They are the people who notify you.

Thanks for asking.

Dr. Miller

End of month? Dying. (I'm applying for a full grant to Morocco)

Edited by couscous90

Okay so last week I emailed Jim Miller of MAECE about decisions - he replied:

I know you are probably very anxious, but the announcements, which will come from the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York, will come by the end of this month. They are the people who notify you.

Thanks for asking.

Dr. Miller

End of month? Dying. (I'm applying for a full grant to Morocco)

so we will definitely hear within 20 days...thanks for this information!

Ahh! I just wanna know! Haha.

Hey mrog1016!

Thanks for the update earlier, thats awesome you have a friend over there with some insight... Not that it has helped my anxiousness at all lol

Did your friend seem to have pretty solid information about whats happening in the selection process right now?

The Fulbright people in Ankara said last week that we should hear within a week or two... so that would match up pretty well with what your friend thinks! I just keep thinking about what Rachel said though, which was that we wouldnt hear til at least May. Ughhhh!!

Anyone want to contact Rachel and see if she has 'reevaluated' her 1-2 month estimation??

Keep pluggin' along everyone, we will be our of our misery soon! Inshallah!

Full grant awarded to Japan! woo woo! I am sooo excited. The wait was indeed torturous. I was just notified 9:28 Pacific, half an hour ago. Hold on tight all of you still waiting! The e-mail will pop up on you before you know it. Reading through these forums certainly made the wait much better. Best of luck!

Hormann didn't respond yet to an email I sent him late last week (Friday), so I assume he was not in his office today. It's just him doing all of this.

Try emailing Molly Roza--she got in contact with me regarding an issue with them not receiving my transcript and she was extremely helpful and a prompt responder. I also think she is American.

Try emailing Molly Roza--she got in contact with me regarding an issue with them not receiving my transcript and she was extremely helpful and a prompt responder. I also think she is American.

I have in recent days, she has been forwarding the emails to Hormann.

Okay, Russia people. Tomorrow is the day. I feel it. (Not really but I can't stand much more of this waiting...)

Looks like last year's notifications for Russia went out around this time so we are definitely in the zone. I hope you're right - I can't stand the waiting!

Congrats you two~ DId you guys apply as graduating seniors or grad students? And I'm assuming you're both planning on accepting?

I'm a graduating senior; research topic is quantifying the micro-level economic impact of Chinese migrant workers in the Japanese manufacturing industry. Definitely planning on accepting!

Don't give up hope yet -- alternate doesn't mean rejected!

I can't take it anymore, either!! I stopped checking this site for a couple of days thinking it would keep me more sane... it did not work.

So, on March 27th pelevinfan found out that we should be hearing in the next two weeks, which puts us at TODAY, and on April 7th RusPNI got a response indicating that we have another one-two weeks of waiting left. Unfortunately, I think the most recent information is the most reliable... but I wonder if IIE is still waiting on Russia or they are just processing our data with FSB? I realize that obsessing over these bits and pieces of news will, of course, not speed anything along, but I can't help it! Waiting is awful but I can hardly imagine the stress of having grad school deadlines on top of it; I hope we hear before April 15th so you don't have to deal with the added stress! RusPNI, I feel your pain re: thesis... I've been putting off writing mine because if I get the grant, I will use my project as my thesis. Ugh.

Good luck to us all in the wait. I hope news comes this week!

I had a dream that I got an email from Fulbright that was not clear on my status, but said that I would be receiving a package from them. When the mail came, it was a bag full of t-shirts, towels, and little "Pura Vida" soaps from Costa Rica. I wasn't sure whether it was an acceptance gift, or a consolation prize.

When I woke up, I checked my email and found that my host organization has started to follow me on Twitter.

Since then, I have been breaking the rules at work and checking my email obsessively all day. This is not healthy.