Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

My email came @ 10:44 (Eastern) from Jermaine Jones, Subject: Your Fulbright Candidacy (P)

Maybe it goes in alphabetical order for regions?

Congo - 10:34

Kenya - 10:44

I'm sure the other emails will come out today, just hold on a bit longer.

My email came @ 10:44 (Eastern) from Jermaine Jones, Subject: Your Fulbright Candidacy (P)

Thanks so much, all! It is so helpful to have people to talk to about this! Best of luck to everyone!

Me too!! Basically having a panic attack. Do they notify by region or by country? (Sorry, I'm new to this board!!)

I know, this is the most stressful day yet! I am also new to the board. I was recommended for a full grant in Tanzania. I haven't been notified yet, but it sounds as though everyone from the region will hear something today...

It got so bad that I went to my supervisors and asked for work away from the computer. I'm now spending the day filing papers.

Luckily I found out that there's going to be a new addition to our family (I'll be an aunt!) so I'm trying to keep my mind on that.

Man I hope so.

Carribean/C.America folks: Damn! Am I the only one who is suprised we haven't heard back yet? I thought we were supposed to be hearding last week. Anyone talk/mail Pamela lately?

Ok, so the only explanation at this point is that they forgot about our region. That HAS to be it.

Also, it seems like the majority of notifications come in the morning at the beginning of the East coast workday... Doesn't seem like too many come throughout the course of the day? Thoughts?

Edited by rtlc06

It got so bad that I went to my supervisors and asked for work away from the computer. I'm now spending the day filing papers.

Luckily I found out that there's going to be a new addition to our family (I'll be an aunt!) so I'm trying to keep my mind on that.

Man I hope so.

I'm also South Africa - apparently none of the South Africa fulbrihgts have been notified yet - so there is still hope. I have a lab report due in 3 hours I'm trying to finish up. Its so hard to concentrate.....

Ok, so the only explanation at this point is that they forgot about our region. That HAS to be it.

They've also forgotten the Baltic states... omg... if the refresh button could break, it would have by now.

And congrats to SSA folks! The wait is over! I've updated the sheet to reflect your notifications so far. Good luck to the rest of you!

Edited by Biz

Question - do you think this could mean good things for other non SSA countries who have not been notified? I don't understand the process enough to know if this could mean good news all around.

Alternate to Zambia, heard at 9:44. Subject was "Your Fulbright Candidacy (A)". Sort of feel a little better. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet, and congrats to those who made it!

oh no...............haven't heard a word and am waiting on zambia too.......do you know if anyone who got selected was notified>?

Omgggggggg if SSA is finding out why isn't Jermaine telling us MENA people! Not to say that I'm not sooooo excited for SSA people to find out finally. Yay! Hope!

I'm sure we're next! Today, tomorrow or Friday. Trying to keep myself hella busy! Bonne chance!!

Edited by iridescence11*