Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Ok Caribbean people - after all my talk this morning about "the fruitlessness of contacting Pam" I broke down and called her (yes, called... I didn't want to identify myself). Anyway, she was super nice and seemed extremely empathetic towards our frustrations about notifications. Unfortunately (as I also predicted this morning) the conversation yielded no new information; Pam has NO idea when notifications will go out. Verbatim what she said was: "We've received notification from the foreign commission, but are waiting on notification from the FSB... which could come in at any moment." She said that notifications from the FSB usually are relatively quick, but for some reason (that she doesn't know) have been much slower this year. Thus, she anticipates we should know before the beginning of May, but the notifications could also come as soon as like... now (this info is basically meaningless, since she predicted mid-April a few weeks ago). According to "the information for recommended candidates" link that we were provided with on our recommended candidacy emails, "It is anticipated that all principal candidates will receive notification no later than May 15th." There is an end in sight...

Edited by rtlc06

Thanks for the call rtlc06! No judgement, I broke down two weeks ago and shot Pamela an email. So basically we are back to square one. It could come as early as now or the notifications can come in a few weeks. I don't understand why she would say we would be notified last week. Perhaps she's going off the normal turnaround time for the FSB? And yes, the vibe I'm getting is the emails come on in the morning, so anything after 3pm EST is a wash for the day.

Ok Caribbean people - after all my talk this morning about "the fruitlessness of contacting Pam" I broke down and called her (yes, called... I didn't want to identify myself). Anyway, she was super nice and seemed extremely empathetic towards our frustrations about notifications. Unfortunately (as I also predicted this morning) the conversation yielded no new information; Pam has NO idea when notifications will go out. Verbatim what she said was: "We've received notification from the foreign commission, but are waiting on notification from the FSB... which could come in at any moment." She said that notifications from the FSB usually are relatively quick, but for some reason (that she doesn't know) have been much slower this year. Thus, she anticipates we should know before the beginning of May, but the notifications could also come as soon as like... now (this info is basically meaningless, since she predicted mid-April a few weeks ago). According to "the information for recommended candidates" link that we were provided with on our recommended candidacy emails, "It is anticipated that all principal candidates will receive notification no later than May 15th." There is an end in sight...

Alternate for South Africa ETA.

Congrats to those who were selected!

For those who were rejected: It only means that there is something else planned for you in life right now. Cliche, but the truth. Go out and buy a cupcake!!

As for us alternates: The wait continues...

Edited to Add - Found out 12:05 pm (CST) from Jermaine Jones, subject: "Your Fulbright Candidacy (A)"

Edited by Kerly_Cue

Alternate to Morocco Full. Sigh

Alternate for the ETA. I really doubt people will pass up this chance.

I think it is time to cancel my plans for studying tonight and go drink wine instead.

Has anyone deciphered a pattern to how much time is between waves of announcements? It seems like almost a week of drought in between, so does that mean the next people won't hear until next week?

Edited by i.shearn

Thanks for the call rtlc06! No judgement, I broke down two weeks ago and shot Pamela an email. So basically we are back to square one. It could come as early as now or the notifications can come in a few weeks. I don't understand why she would say we would be notified last week. Perhaps she's going off the normal turnaround time for the FSB? And yes, the vibe I'm getting is the emails come on in the morning, so anything after 3pm EST is a wash for the day.

I am also waiting to hear from the Caribbean. They called me in early March to confirm something and told me final decisions would go out at the end of March. Go figure.

Is it safe to assume that all of SSA heard today?

I would be interested in seeing an updated version of the map! :)

Also, I don't think it was mentioned on the board but Canada applicants received notifications today too.

Has anyone deciphered a pattern to how much time is between waves of announcements? It seems like almost a week of drought in between, so does that mean the next people won't hear until next week?

Good lord, I sure hope that's not the case :(

and then there was Turkey... lol

Congrats to everyone!

Anyone want to bet on us being the absolute last people to hear? Wait. That's a terrible idea.

Can we just hear, puhleeeease? I almost wish I applied to a country that notoriously notifies candidates much earlier on; but then, of course, I wouldn't be going where I want to go, or even to a place relevant to my studies.