Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Hi, I'm an international student applying to US. I'm in knowledge that when I apply for Fulbright, the IIE applies to my preferred schools in my place. I'm wondering if that means my application materials for Fulbright are reused as application materials for schools? I'm kinda confused, because my recommendation letters would be addressed to Fulbright, not the schools that I'm trying to get into.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had attended one of the Fulbright webinars yet, and if so, could you tell me what kind of format it's in? I'd like to check out the one on Oct 5th, but unfortunately I have a lecture then and the teacher's stupidly strict about attendance--if the webinar is just like an IM chat, though, I could look at it in class and he'd never know. Please let me know whatever you can! Thanks.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had attended one of the Fulbright webinars yet, and if so, could you tell me what kind of format it's in? I'd like to check out the one on Oct 5th, but unfortunately I have a lecture then and the teacher's stupidly strict about attendance--if the webinar is just like an IM chat, though, I could look at it in class and he'd never know. Please let me know whatever you can! Thanks.

Hey you listen in to the webinars, there might be a powerpoint or demonstration, but if you can't listen then it probably isn't worth it.

10 more days... good luck everyone! I am trying not to freak out too much, but the good thing about the deadline is that I will be able to move on, and begin focusing much more on my school work

ok - has anyone else had the campus interview? It was really odd... me + 4 panelists = several extended intervals of silence... I couldnt seem to connect with them. Now I'm officially insecure about my app. From the comments I'm not certain they read my essays very carefully, but they did make some helpful suggestions based on the conversation. Is that an indication of how the national committee operates?

How are post-interview revisions going for you guys?

That sounds a bit like my campus interview! Ahhh! My interview made me a little insecure too but after revision I think my proposal was definitely strengthened and I just hope I addressed enough of their concerns. And they definitely had a few. :) Did anyone have someone who didn't speak their country's language try to test their knowledge of the language? That was fun/awkward.

Anyone else applying to the Baltics?

10 more days... good luck everyone! I am trying not to freak out too much, but the good thing about the deadline is that I will be able to move on, and begin focusing much more on my school work

I'm out of school (working full-time) so I'll add that another good thing about the deadline is that my friends will be seeing my face around a lot more! Happy applying, everyone!

i am applying to germany, berlin specifically, for a study grant in photography. i haven't seen any other posts here relating to the fine arts at all. anyone out there? to germany in particular? i established affiliation at hgb leipzig and the schwules museum. would love to hear some experience from others.

i mailed in my portfolio and finished application today. now i must wait. the worst part. daumen drücken!

Well, it looks like I'm a little late to this, but I was a 2010-11 Fulbright ETA in Spain (Valencia region), so if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to discuss. Also, I kept a blog through the whole year, if you're interested in perusing.

www.lyladuey.wordpress.com

I am very pleased to have found this thread. I have recently turned in my application for an ETA to Poland, and not looking forward to the long wait...

I would be happy to hear from anyone else who applied to Poland, and share ideas and experiences with any member of this forum. Please feel free to send me a private message.

Magdalena- did you decide to apply to Poland, or did you choose another country for your application?

I anyone having difficulty accessing the online application? I was fine with it until yesterday when it started saying "service unavailable". I'm worried it may because many are on at the same time?? I don't know what to do if it stays closed! I was going to submit everything today..

I'm having the same problem when I try to log on to the website and I'm kind of freaking out--all I have to do is upload my transcript and then I'm ready to submit...so this kink better work itself out.

I was wondering if anyone new a direct link to the online application because I can not get to the server and I'm kinda freaking out because application deadline is Monday and the only thing I didn't do is scan on my transcripts because my out of state ones took forever!

Finally submitted! Now here comes the wait... it's time for me to catch up a ton of reading and work on my senior thesis so I know I'll be busy BUT that won't stop me from counting down the days until the end of January lol

good luck everyone!

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I just submitted my application for an ETA to Belarus. Is anyone else applying for Belarus or Russia or Ukraine? This is my first time applying so any info from those who have previously applied would be great. I understand we find out in January if we were recommended to the country, correct?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I just submitted my application for an ETA to Belarus. Is anyone else applying for Belarus or Russia or Ukraine? This is my first time applying so any info from those who have previously applied would be great. I understand we find out in January if we were recommended to the country, correct?

yea, the email says the end of January