Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

And who in this forum is still waiting?

I'm waiting on the Kyrgyz Republic (full), which I assume will be notified at the same times as the rest of the South and Central Asia regional grants (Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, etc.).

I'm really sorry to hear that so many hopefuls were not chosen, and congrats to those of you who have heard good news! Fingers crossed for all you alternates!

Edit: I don't expect to hear anything until around the end of April, though.

Edited by boxoatoc

The waiting was awful before, but now that they've sent out some rejections I can't focus on anything else! Come on Germany, get your act together! I'm not sure I'll make it till tomorrow! (It has to be at LEAST by tomorrow, right?! Someone found out we should know "Early" this week!)

Just called Rachel to check on the status of Sweden's notifications, and she gave me a generic "should be hearing in the next one to two weeks," which is exciting because it means I'll be hearing soon, but ambiguous and frustrating all the same. The fact that last year's grantees found out on March 28th (i.e., tomorrow!!) has really got me freaking out and checking my e-mail more incessently than normal.

Congrats to everyone who has found out thus far, and whether good news or bad, what a relief to be out of this waiting game!

Accepted for an ETA in INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it!!!! I started jumping around and could barely explain the grant in a foreign language to the local staff. I was quite speechless!

To those who were rejected, if this is something you truly want, then please go after it again. This was my second time applying. I didn't even want to, but had such a motivating advisor and gave it one more shot. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have less than 2 weeks at home this summer before I leave. Ahhh!!!!!! :-)

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!!!

Portugal

France

Romania

Spain

All of the Middle East

All of SSA

Any E. Europe except for Bulgaria heard?

I believe all of the Nordic countries are still waiting as well...

Edited by conesgnomes

Just got the email: I've been accepted for the South Korea ETA fellowship. Congrats to those who've been accepted; condolences to those who've received less-fortunate news. And to all the other hopefuls: Hang in there!!!

do you know when you depart? I know the site says late august is preferred

Portugal

France

Romania

Spain

All of the Middle East

All of SSA

Any E. Europe except for Bulgaria heard?

Still waiting on Hungary (ETA)

I was notified via email at 11 AM that I have been awarded an ETA to Bulgaria!!!! Congratulations to all who have received positive news, and to those who didn't hear what they wanted, don't abandon hope! Also, best of luck to those still mired in anticipation! Relief will soon come!

Still waiting to hear from Russia...

Belafish, I called up to see what the deal is. Rachel was in a meeting, but some really nice guy said that the hold-up was on Russia's end. Said we should be hearing in the next two weeks, 'hopefully sooner'. Hope that helps!

Didn't get Malaysia ETA. Moving to Miami for TFA! The email does show up as being sent from the Fulbright commission though so don't get your hopes up when you see that it is Fulbright not IIE.

damn!! i was rooting for you!!! but i know TFA will be a great experience!

Accepted for an ETA in INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it!!!! I started jumping around and could barely explain the grant in a foreign language to the local staff. I was quite speechless!

To those who were rejected, if this is something you truly want, then please go after it again. This was my second time applying. I didn't even want to, but had such a motivating advisor and gave it one more shot. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have less than 2 weeks at home this summer before I leave. Ahhh!!!!!! :-)

Congrats! And agreed- to those who weren't successful this time around, this was my THIRD time applying (a different country each time). If you know you want it and it is the right step for you, it will happen!