NYU SCPS worth to go?

kathyzheng1313

Hi there,

Just got into NYU - School of Continue and perfessional study, of their Integrated in Marketing graduate program.

But I know School of Continue always be inferior to other graduate programs, so is that worth to accept the offer?

Any comments would be appreciated!

I also got into NYU SCPS for their Ms in Global Affairs. I decided soon after my admission on March 15 that I wasn't going to attend SCPS. I hesitated, in part, due to the relatively subpar ratings of the school. In addition, the program did not fit my interests as well as American's Global Environmental Policy program. Furthermore, the $62k estimated COA and the extremely poor customer service from their financial aid and admissions offices did not help matters.

I also got accepted in NYU SCPS (MS in Global Affairs). I'm still waiting on other schools to decide where I'm going. If I go anywhere else it might be in London, since I didnt apply anywhere except NYU in the US. I've also gotten accepted in NYU Gallatin and I heard they have a better name, which is why I'm thinking of studying in Gallatin instead of SCPS...Im so confused, sorry Im not much help.

I also got into NYU SCPS for their Ms in Global Affairs. I decided soon after my admission on March 15 that I wasn't going to attend SCPS. I hesitated, in part, due to the relatively subpar ratings of the school. In addition, the program did not fit my interests as well as American's Global Environmental Policy program. Furthermore, the $62k estimated COA and the extremely poor customer service from their financial aid and admissions offices did not help matters.

Hey there,

When did you apply and when did you get your decision?

I also applied but still did not hear back from them.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Just got into NYU - School of Continue and perfessional study, of their Integrated in Marketing graduate program.

But I know School of Continue always be inferior to other graduate programs, so is that worth to accept the offer?

Any comments would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I recently got into NYU-SCPS Public Relations & Corporate Communications Program. I think i'm going to go. The school has great accolades for the program. I'm just awaiting my financial aid package. Did you receive yours if so what was it? My efc was 0 and I am an honors student I dont know what to expect a tad nervous.

feel free to email me @ kittrellaw@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

When did you apply and when did you get your decision?

I also applied but still did not hear back from them.

Thanks.

Hey Kathy,

When did you apply, I also applied to the same program but still havent heard from them. Does it mean rejection...

I got a conditional offer, so guess that is the reason why I've heard it from them sooner than yours, and hope you two got yourself in already at this moment. :)

Hi guys, I recently got into NYU-SCPS Public Relations & Corporate Communications Program. I think i'm going to go. The school has great accolades for the program. I'm just awaiting my financial aid package. Did you receive yours if so what was it? My efc was 0 and I am an honors student I dont know what to expect a tad nervous.

Congrats on you! I didnt apply for the financial aid, so sorry, couldnt be able to help you here.

A bit update about myself, I also got admitted into a good school in France, since I've never been to europe before, so I think I might be going to there instead, however, I am planning to accept the offer of NYU as well, but just defer my attendence to 2012 fall..........

Feel free to contact me at katherineeeeee@hotmail.com

I am currently in Beijing, China. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I finally got accepted at NYU SCPS for their M.S in Integrated Marketing program for this fall, but I am very apprehensive to accept the offer as I am not very sure about the school and later job prospects! What do you guys think?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there, I applied for the MS in Publishing back in Feb and still haven't heard an answer. I got into Emerson's MA program, though. I'm wondering if I should say yes to Emerson and forget about NYU? Most of you seem to agree it's a subpar school compared to most programs...

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was accepted to the NYU SCPS Master's Program, but declined once I started digging into it. It's not a competitive program, so you'll probably get in. You don't have to take the GRE and only have to write one general essay. SCPS is continuing ed not part of the traditional schools (GAS, Steinhardt, Stern, etc.). The curriculum isn't considered compartitively rigorous by the faculty. It's a legit degreee, but more focused on trade practice than theory or scholarship. There's a substationaal audience for that, however, and they satisfy a need. I applied on a bit of a whim and wish I haad done more research beforehand, personally.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use