NSF GRFP

timuralp

I was stressing out if the NSF center received my transcripts, but it doesn't matter since one of my references didn't send their letter in on time :(

It sucks to not even have a chance....

I'm sorry to hear, that's awful! Could you ask your recommender to contact the GRFP office? The people there might allow your recommender to submit a letter late.

I'm sorry to hear, that's awful! Could you ask your recommender to contact the GRFP office? The people there might allow your recommender to submit a letter late.

Yeah, that's what the person is doing now. I don't have much hope though, but at least I tried.

For other people with transcripts not being marked as received yet: I'm in the same situation. 2 of my 3 undergrad transcripts have still not been marked on the page as received. However, I emailed them about this two days ago and asked about it and they emailed me back saying that "it shows that your transcripts have been received." You can try emailing them as well and see if they say the same thing.

I'm hoping this is the case. I am in the same situation. My undergrad transcripts are being reported as being received by the NSF but my graduate transcript is being reported as not being received. I went to talked with the records people at my school over the phone (15th) and in person (the 23rd/today) and both time the ladies helping me told me they have records of sending out the transcript on the 1st of November (to the proper address). I'm really hoping that there's just a large volume of transcripts coming in and they just haven't gotten to my grad school transcript yet.

I've tried calling a few times but I'm not getting through so I'm going to try emailing them and finding out what is going on.

I e-mailed them last Tuesday and they got to me that same day, saying that they received both of my transcripts, but just haven't processed them yet. My application is complete...now starts the hardest part - the wait.

Edited by Asya

• 3 weeks later...

I'm already impatient to find out about this.

I'm usually impatient about these things, but since I've applied to almost all the major fellowships, I've basically blocked them out of my mind. My advisor keeps asking 'what if you get all of them?'. And I'm like, can we talk about my research instead? Haha. I'm just surprised It's been a month since submission, although we still have a few more months of waiting ... ergh...

• 10 months later...

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but I have a general question about NSF GRFP that didn't really fit anywhere else.

To preface, I am a second year graduate student who is currently receiving the NSF GRFP. My application for was a M.S. degree in Engineering, with an expected graduation time of 3 years (I wasn't sure about PhD or not when I applied) on the form.

What I am wondering is this: With the courses I have left to take for my engineering degree (including required electives), I realized that I can be enrolled "full-time" in engineering and concurrently receive an Engineering Management degree from my university if I enroll in that program and finish out the management courses. Is this allowed or discouraged by NSF? Does anyone have experience with this issue? I've scoured both the NSF Fellows "terms and agreement" document AND the award announcement and guidelines, and it doesn't specifically state it one way or the other. All it states is that you are expected to "be enrolled full-time as per the GRFP institutions rules in the eligible degree program", which I can do while concurrently receiving the management degree.

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but I have a general question about NSF GRFP that didn't really fit anywhere else.

To preface, I am a second year graduate student who is currently receiving the NSF GRFP. My application for was a M.S. degree in Engineering, with an expected graduation time of 3 years (I wasn't sure about PhD or not when I applied) on the form.

What I am wondering is this: With the courses I have left to take for my engineering degree (including required electives), I realized that I can be enrolled "full-time" in engineering and concurrently receive an Engineering Management degree from my university if I enroll in that program and finish out the management courses. Is this allowed or discouraged by NSF? Does anyone have experience with this issue? I've scoured both the NSF Fellows "terms and agreement" document AND the award announcement and guidelines, and it doesn't specifically state it one way or the other. All it states is that you are expected to "be enrolled full-time as per the GRFP institutions rules in the eligible degree program", which I can do while concurrently receiving the management degree.

This is probably school dependent and/or up to the interpretation of your coordination official. Either way, your coordination official would be the person to ask.