Umass

Guest dnslouise1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it to UMass at the end of August. Since then, I've been settling in quite nicely. I am getting used to the area. I live about eight miles from campus, which is nice for my husband and I so we don't have to experience the congestion and noise in and around the University.

I love my department and I'm taking one required course for my department. Next semester, I hope to take two seminars, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself in the beginning. And it's working out just fine.

I hope the rest of you are enjoying Amherst and your new department!

• 1 month later...

hi all, yup made it to amherst - and been swamped with the doctoral prgm. But its been wonderful - this is a good kind of busy. It took us a while to get our elder soon settled into elementary school etc. but thats all been worked out now.

I do hope we get to meet sometime soon in the non-virtual world - am worried about calling it the "real world"!!

Just wanted to post - I'm applying to the Sociology PhD program at UMass Amherst for the upcoming Fall semester. It's one of my top choices so far. Anyone here in that program?

• 5 months later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use