For Those Who Know Where They Want to Go

Why did you choose/ have your heart set on this particular school?

Also, I know there are rankings I can look at, but I'm more interested in what regular folks think about certain programs : ) So please give your opinion on other schools, too, if you have one. Thanks for replying!

• 2 weeks later...

Why did you choose/ have your heart set on this particular school?

Also, I know there are rankings I can look at, but I'm more interested in what regular folks think about certain programs : ) So please give your opinion on other schools, too, if you have one. Thanks for replying!

I had really practical considerations when applying to grad school. I wanted a school that was accredited by the ALA and had low tuition. I'm applying to Wayne State because they offer in-state tuition fees to people living in my county in Ohio and also students who do online courses. Their program is also accredited by the ALA. I want to work as a librarian in a public library, preferably in an inner city. So I think getting an MLIS from Wayne State will hopefully allow this to occur without having to pay too much or take on too much debt.

• 2 weeks later...

I had really practical considerations when applying to grad school. I wanted a school that was accredited by the ALA and had low tuition. I'm applying to Wayne State because they offer in-state tuition fees to people living in my county in Ohio and also students who do online courses. Their program is also accredited by the ALA. I want to work as a librarian in a public library, preferably in an inner city. So I think getting an MLIS from Wayne State will hopefully allow this to occur without having to pay too much or take on too much debt.

Thanks for your answer : ) Finances are a big concern for me, too. Are you applying for spring 2012?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...