Foolproof guide to getting yourself kicked out of grad school before you even start!

waddle

I love email. We, the random denizens of the internet, get to see juicy stuff like this, whereas in the past we would only have half-remembered rumor of this guy's arrogance if we knew it at all.

Getting kicked out didn't seem to faze him at all though. Unfortunately that will probably be one of the few real consequences he will ever have in his life.

OMG!!! :blink:

That's another proof of the fact that admission process is really unpredictable - and I mean for applicants and schools equally. There must have been some nice candidates that they could have admitted - but they chose him looking at his stats, LORs, CV and other stuff. I wonder if there was a statement of purpose involved and if it was, why did not they catch a vibe of what kind of a person he is, because SOPs tend to reveal their authors' pesonalities (at least to some extent)...

OMG!!! :blink:

That's another proof of the fact that admission process is really unpredictable - and I mean for applicants and schools equally. There must have been some nice candidates that they could have admitted - but they chose him looking at his stats, LORs, CV and other stuff. I wonder if there was a statement of purpose involved and if it was, why did not they catch a vibe of what kind of a person he is, because SOPs tend to reveal their authors' pesonalities (at least to some extent)...

Perhaps he had someone write his SOP for him, seeing as he was too busy dodging responsibility for a billion dollar budget (whatever that means; it doesn't sound like a positive, though) and knowing the school would be cool with this.

Seriously, though, I'm not entirely sure this is genuine. If it is, I also sadly doubt that this had any significant effect on his career. Douchebaggery seems almost a prerequisite for some careers, and I'm skeptical that 'niceness' really does pay off and rudeness punished in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously, though, I'm not entirely sure this is genuine.

You mean, you don't believe the whole story has really happened?

...I'm skeptical that 'niceness' really does pay off and rudeness punished in the grand scheme of things.

Alas! :(

You mean, you don't believe the whole story has really happened?

Yeah, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like something which could be a hoax, one of those stories that just goes around the internet. I don't doubt that similar things do happen, as there are certainly not a shortage of such people around.

WOW! What I can't believe is how many exceptions he was given right off the bat.

Also, I love how in what he feels is more "formal" correspondence (to the Dean) he starts throwing down his middle name.

haha, that's a good point, as if he feels that will someone how command more respect. If it was only the one test that he could have aced with his eyes closed he should have just gotten it done, according to him, he's so good it would have taken him less time to take the test than to slap together those absurd excuses in an email. Oh well...if it is a true story then I take satisfaction in a total douche being taken down a notch or two. That's what people like that need, to be refused every so often.

Edited by Mal83

Really don't mean to discredit SMU in any way, but if that dude is as great as he says he is, don't you think he'd be going to a brand name university for his JD/MBA?

Really don't mean to discredit SMU in any way, but if that dude is as great as he says he is, don't you think he'd be going to a brand name university for his JD/MBA?

Zing!