Johns Hopkins anyone?

Guest mariachi band member

Guest mariachi band member

Just wondering if anyone out there is going to Hopkins for history/history of medicine/history of science?

I'm not, actually, but I'll probably be going for English. Wanna swap notes about living in Bawlmer? You can email me at suiterkins [at] gmail [dot] com if you want.

And congrats on the acceptance.

Guest Divya

Hi,

I have made it to the Masters in Health Systems program in JHU, though haven't got any scholarship, so trying to figure out my finances ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wdoerner

Anybody headed to JHU for economics? There is an Open House on April 7th. I'm going to head up there but haven't figured out yet where I would like to go. Did any of you get much aid? From the postings of admitted students, it appears like not much was offered. If I had some more, the decision would be easy but, with what I got, I need to think on it.

Guest Poli Sci
I'm probably going to Hopkins for Poli Sci - it's a small incoming class, but anyone out there?

how small?

Guest laurenzo

Hi all,

I just decided upon Hopkins for history. When are you all planning on moving to B'more?

Take care!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest caffeine addict

I'm going to JHU for history also, and I'm completely unsure of the best time to go apartment-hunting. Someone already there told me you have to start looking as early as May, and have to continue as late as August, since finding a place to live is such an unpredictable process. Plus for those of us who are international students, there are so many more hoops to jump through with regards to rent payment, and so forth. I've been in a bit of denial for the past two weeks -- I haven't even looked at the paperwork that was sent to me, since I've still got so much other research work on my plate. I know that I've got to turn my attention to it -- I'll probably start making phone calls tomorrow. First place I'm going to call is that housing office to get some info on how to begin this entire process. :?

Guest jhubound
I'm going to JHU for history also, and I'm completely unsure of the best time to go apartment-hunting. Someone already there told me you have to start looking as early as May, and have to continue as late as August, since finding a place to live is such an unpredictable process. Plus for those of us who are international students, there are so many more hoops to jump through with regards to rent payment, and so forth. I've been in a bit of denial for the past two weeks -- I haven't even looked at the paperwork that was sent to me, since I've still got so much other research work on my plate. I know that I've got to turn my attention to it -- I'll probably start making phone calls tomorrow. First place I'm going to call is that housing office to get some info on how to begin this entire process. :?

Have you looked their housing website: http://www.jhu.edu/~hds/offcampus/ ? If you click through a bit, you can get a listing of apartments. Craigslist is another resource, though there don't seem to be many listings yet... perhaps we should wait till May.

On a tangent: do you guys know the timeline for enrollment? I mean, when do you start getting a JHU username/online ID, and so on? (Because that seems to be useful to have around for apartment-searching.)

Guest caffeine addict

Thanks for the link, jhubound. That has some great information to look at. I was also told to check out local online newspapers, like the Baltimore Sun, since you can search for places electronically, and those tend to get updated fairly regularly.

Guest waiting234

hey jhu history people (or other humanities people, or just anyone) - i'm going to be in balitmore from late june to mid august (will be starting school at washu in the fall) and will be looking for people to practice languages with...will any of you be around? i have a couple years of arabic and persian, and need to learn to read french. let me know ?

Guest laurenzo

Unfortunately, I didn't get to visit because I've been in South Africa since last July, BUT I heard from someone who did visit that they're building several new dorms for undergrads that will be opening this fall and will hopefully help the housing situation for grad students both in terms of rent and availability. And, I emailed Megan Zeller to ask a few questions, and she said that she'll be sending out some additional information to all of the incoming first-years about the housing situation.

By the way, what's your field? I do African.

Guest caffeine addict

Thanks for the info. I actually called Megan, too, and she told me the same thing, so I'll wait for that package before doing anything else. :D

...and I'm a Modern Europeanist.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use