NATO Internship

josiewebb923

I found out I got the internship today. Anyone else?

Wow, awesome! How did you find that out? Did you get an e-mail? And are you sure it's not shortlist notification, but the actual internship?

Wow, awesome! How did you find that out? Did you get an e-mail? And are you sure it's not shortlist notification, but the actual internship?

Yes I got an email. I was shortlisted awhile ago, just found out I got the actual internship and start in September 2016.

Yes I got an email. I was shortlisted awhile ago, just found out I got the actual internship and start in September 2016.

Great! What division are you selected for? 

Also, what are the next steps? Do you actually need to have an interview or it's just they send an e-mail and that's it? And do you need to provide them with proofs about all your education and experiences that you mentioned in application like diplomas and job contracts?

Edited by Dolo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I found I was shortlisted for one of my several applications a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them since. Was it the same for you?

Also, the other applications are still 'submitted', but I'm not exactly sure what it means...

Congrats to the ones who already had offers!

I got an internship offer too! Can't believe it!  :)

Congrats! :)

Hi everyone!

I found I was shortlisted for one of my several applications a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them since. Was it the same for you?

Also, the other applications are still 'submitted', but I'm not exactly sure what it means...

Lucky you, for me it`s still "application submitted" for all of my applications  :unsure: We'll see what happens next.. What is your division?

Hi everyone!

Hey, congrats :)

I got shortlisted back in the beginning of May and still haven't heard from them, so it's pretty normal. They have till the end of September to give you a final answer! 

And as for the submitted ones, it's simply that you still didn't get any answer from them. You simply ''submitted'' you application.

Hi everyone!

Yep, it was the same. I was shortlisted for maybe more than a month and then I got an e-mail from my department asking for phone interview. Then I had a phone interview (very short) and an e-mail that I'm selected. So it really depends on your division and even department that is interested in you.

There are still maybe 10-15 of my applications with "submitted" status, but I think that most likely these applications are not successful or they simply haven't looked at it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations those who have been accepted :)

I have been shortlisted in the first week of July in for 3 (sub)divisions. I am still awaiting "the" e mail of acceptance and as time goes by and now seeing that some of you have been accepted I am becoming more and more nervous :D

I am shortlisted in 3 sub(divisions) for finance. 

How about the rest of you, which divisions are you shortlisted for or have been accepted? :)

There has been some change on my account. There is no more "application submitted" now it is either "shortlisted" or " not shotlisted".

That's true. All submission changed to not shortlisted, and I have one selected. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here. Just found out. Has anyone actually been offered a position after being put on the reserve list? 

I have found two people that have been offer a position in the past. One of them in january and the other one i march of the following year. From what I understand, everyone who has been shortlisted but not accepted is put on that list. So i guess reserve list is quite large.

I have found two people that have been offer a position in the past. One of them in january and the other one i march of the following year. From what I understand, everyone who has been shortlisted but not accepted is put on that list. So i guess reserve list is quite large.

Okay, chances are in other words not so big, but at least there may be a possibility, in the meantime life goes on. Congratulation to those selected, and good luck to the rest of us on the reserve list.

Okay, chances are in other words not so big, but at least there may be a possibility, in the meantime life goes on. Congratulation to those selected, and good luck to the rest of us on the reserve list.

Well, I have been through all NATO topics. Information is very scarce and maybe there have been 10 people overall active in those topics of which 2 were on reserve lists and got offered later. So, it is possible.

From what I understood, NATO takes around 60 interns per year only, that's very low number and getting there is very hard and it takes a lot of luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

it is December 2015 and just few days ago I got an e-mail saying that my application was shortlisted for the internship in 2016 and the interview was scheduled. It was very pleasant surprise.

So I encourage people who are still waiting for "shortlisted"..there is a hope after all :-))

And I would like to ask anybody who had an interview before. It is suppose to be about the motivation and previous experience, but is there something more I should focus on? I would greatly appreciate any advice on it :-) 

Hi everyone,

Congrats so far to everyone that's been offered an internship! I'm currently on the reserve list and have my fingers crossed that a position open up, however after reading some of the posts on this thread it seems this will be unlikely due to the large number of applicants held on the list...

But anyway, the main purpose of my post was to ask the following question... Does anyone know if it is possible to update our application details? I have looked on the app portal and there seems no obvious way to do so.