NATO Internship

josiewebb923

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Akemahs,

I have applied for division - Management and Operations Support, Sub-Domain- Human Resources, Administrative and Support Services.

It seems like this is the only forum when this internship program is discussed. I would like to know some statistics for this internship, but it is impossible...

Hope that we will be shortlisted in July! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! It seems that only this forum caters to the NATO internship programme. I am a bit confused by the lack of information or personal stories of people applying and getting in. Any idea why this is?

Nonetheless, I applied this year and I was shortlisted on the 20th of July for one division.

Do any of you have news?

Good luck!

CristinaB,

That is great news for you! Those of us who have been checking recently and participating in this forum have not had the same luck just yet. May I ask what your background (studies) is in and what division you were shortlisted for?

Hi guys. I was shorlisted for Political Affairs and Security Policy Division.

I received 2 emails from them. One when I first applied- to let me know they received it and the second one to let me know the application was 'updated' --> went on to the system and I had been shortlisted.

I think it's probably pointless to check the system everyday. I find myself doing that for the last month, since I don't have any information besides this forum, however it is clear that we are just stressing ourselves.

In terms of my background, I considered the shorlisting to be a bit surprizing, since I don't see myself as an exceptional candidate. East European, UK education (BA IR),currently enrolled in MA; OSCE internship + others;

Any of you guys have any news?

CristinaB,

Your background is great! You shouldn't be surprised, I am sure you worked hard :). I think I will take your advice and not check everyday. You are right - It does cause worry. I guess I was just more afraid of missing the 'update' email when it finally does come through. Well, just five more weeks and we'll know for sure! Keep us updated on whether you are chosen!

Hello!

Congrats, CristinaB! :)

I applied too, but I have no news from them yet.

I checked my account today and I noticed something very weird. In the APPLICATION MADE section the first sub-domain I selected in my application does not appear. That pisses me a lot because when I wrote my cover letter I targeted that specific unit. :(

I contacted the IT service on the website, but I have no answer from them yet.

Good luck, guys! And keep in touch about the selection process!

Hi,

Quick question.. Do you all have an 'application received' message in the 'view communications' section for EACH subdivision you applied for? I only have one 'application received' message and that is located in the very first subdivision i applied for. BUT, all of the application centres say that my application has been submitted. I am not sure what to think. Since I received notice that my application had been received, I'll just have faith that everything was submitted properly. :)

Hi,

Quick question.. Do you all have an 'application received' message in the 'view communications' section for EACH subdivision you applied for? I only have one 'application received' message and that is located in the very first subdivision i applied for. BUT, all of the application centres say that my application has been submitted. I am not sure what to think. Since I received notice that my application had been received, I'll just have faith that everything was submitted properly. :)

No worries! I also have only one application received message located in the very first subdivision

Lets hope that are appplications are really submitted to every sub-division as my cover letter is mostly dedicated to the 3rd sub-division on the left side...

Any news regarding your apllications guys?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, but have been following this thread for a couple of months now.

On Friday, the magic words appeared for me: Application Selected. I will start in September, 2013.

If anyone else has good news, please send me a message... I'd love to make some friends and contacts before I start.

To all the rest, good luck! :)