NATO Internship

josiewebb923

Hello.  I am trying to apply to SHAPE Internship for 2017.  I can not find where I can post my application and upload CV on the SHAPE website.  Please anybody can help me to locate the button as the application will be closed in February.

On 12/14/2015 at 3:00 AM, Rutiga said:

Hi guys,

it is December 2015 and just few days ago I got an e-mail saying that my application was shortlisted for the internship in 2016 and the interview was scheduled. It was very pleasant surprise.

So I encourage people who are still waiting for "shortlisted"..there is a hope after all :-))

And I would like to ask anybody who had an interview before. It is suppose to be about the motivation and previous experience, but is there something more I should focus on? I would greatly appreciate any advice on it :-) 

I think interviews differ depending on the person you are talking with and the division you are shortlisted for, also the tasks that will be assigned to you. They will most likely ask to tell about yourself, your previous experiences and motivation to do the internship. Nothing difficult..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about the "priority reserve list". My application was shortlisted in June and in Sept I was on the "reserve list" and in October I got an email saying:

"Congratulations! Good news! It is with great pleasure that we would like to inform you that you have been included in the "priority reserve list" for an internship...... Candidates on the "priority reserve list" will be offered a placement if the need arises based on the business requirements".

They sent me a conditional letter by mail with the internship programme booklet, and I sent them my security clearance form. 

When I emailed them asking what the conditions are when you've been put on the "priority reserve list" they just sent me a link to the internship timeline...

Has anyone here experience with being on the "priority reserve list"? Do I get an internship after my security clearance is OK or does it mean that even if I get my security clearance it still depends on the department/division? 

Is anyone else here in the same boat as me?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jouissances said:

Wow. Guys, congrats for being shortlisted/prioritized!

I have applied to ESCD, absolute silence. And by that I mean, not even shortlisted. I guess the division is flooded. Or I am just being ignored. Meh.

Hi

My statuts is still 'APPLICATION RECEIVED' does anyone have the same status?? 

10 minutes ago, MGAHopeful said:

Mine only says application submitted, but I got an email saying that it was received? I hope they actually got it and that nothing went wrong!

Yep, the same!

in the item 'HISTORY OF COMMUNICATIONS' the system says 'APPLICATION RECEIVED' but in 'APPLICATIONS MADE' says 'APPLICATION SUBMITTED'.

On the timeline is being said that further informations will be given at least september, but today i ve called the stage bureau in Bruxelles and they said me that if we still have not received information then we did not pass the candidacy. However always on the timeline the staff is clear, in fact it says that all candidates (those who have or not passed i think) will be contacted!

too it s so awkward! 

Oh, that actually makes sense.

In fact, it seems that the decision has been made long time ago, but the office does not really bother to inform the rejected.

Guys, let's move on with our lives. See ya on the shortlisted of 2018!

Edited by Jouissances

Hi! 

I received a email like two months ago (June I guess) saying that my application had progressed and I had to check my status (one of my applications changed from submitted to shortlisted). After more than one month without news I sent an email to the Internship Office and the answer was quite confusing. Asking about next steps or interviews they told me interviews might take place latest end of July, but I wasn't contacted so I sent them another email asking for the selection process and they just told me my status would be updated latest beginning September. Still no news. 

1 hour ago, Pm00 said:

Hi! 

I received a email like two months ago (June I guess) saying that my application had progressed and I had to check my status (one of my applications changed from submitted to shortlisted). After more than one month without news I sent an email to the Internship Office and the answer was quite confusing. Asking about next steps or interviews they told me interviews might take place latest end of July, but I wasn't contacted so I sent them another email asking for the selection process and they just told me my status would be updated latest beginning September. Still no news. 

I am in the very same situation. Sounds like.. if we weren't contacted for interviews, we are not considered for the selection process at this stage. Or are people also selected withouth interviews?

Edited by B0unty

1 hour ago, B0unty said:

I am in the very same situation. Sounds like.. if we weren't contacted for interviews, we are not considered for the selection process at this stage. Or are people also selected withouth interviews?

I am not sure, they just told me they were working on the selection and the hiring managers were really busy. I felt a bit disappointed after not being contacted for the interview, but to be honest, I have no idea how this procedure works, maybe there are some people who go through an interview while others are selected directly. I have tried to find an explanation, but I have only found this forum. 

(I was shortlisted for the Strategy Directorate)

Edited by Pm00

1 minute ago, Pm00 said:

I am not sure, they just told me they were working on the selection and the hiring managers were really busy. I felt a bit disappointed after not being contacted for the interview, but to be honest, I have no idea how this procedure works, maybe there are some people who go throw an interview while others are selected directly. I have tried to find an explanation, but I have only found this forum. 

(I was shortlisted for the Strategy Directorate)

Guess we just have to wait until September/October. . .

ko1771, who first wrote about the Internship 2017 said he/she was already accepted but did not mention an interview. Maybe every division has its own procedures. Which mail adress did you write to? :-)

39 minutes ago, B0unty said:

Guess we just have to wait until September/October. . .

ko1771, who first wrote about the Internship 2017 said he/she was already accepted but did not mention an interview. Maybe every division has its own procedures. Which mail adress did you write to? :-)

I hope so, otherwise that means we have only passed the first selection, not the final one. 

Here is the email: internships@hq.nato.int

They were quite fast answering my doubts (although they didn't confirm anything). The final selection is not on the HR hands but a decision of the hiring managers (who, I think, are the managers of each division).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys! I've done my internship at NATO! Was a really challenging experience, but I enjoyed it and learned a lot! Of course, experience depends highly on division you will be working in. There were some people who were very happy and others didn't like it at all, some even terminated their internship before it finished. A lot of people get temporary contracts afterwards which lets them gain a little bit of more experience and is good for CV.

Referring to conversations on this board and for the future reference, the interview in the selection procedure happens not every time! Some managers call, some don't and select their interns only based on CV! 

• 1 month later...

It's my second time applying so I hope this time it'll work out :) If I remember correctly, the shortlising process starts around June/July so we won't have to wait too long. Which division did you apply to if you don't mind me asking ?