Chemistry Fall 2009

cammarp

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up for NW open house on 2nd of April due to the long trip to Salt Lake city for ACS conference. However, it seems to me that I may not be able to attend ACS conference due to the funding, so I may change my visiting day to 27th

I suppose I'll chime in and say I've been accepted to Northwestern, Johns Hopkins, UCSD (still waiting for others), and am going to visit Northwestern on March 27th. Anybody else going? Oh, and I'm p-chem.

When are you (if) visiting UCSD? I'm going on the weekend of March 6...wish they gave us more dates than just two to pick from. I still haven't heard from Berkeley or Duke and my March is filling up rapidly...

so far I've heard back from 4 schools with funding (WashU, Florida, Emory, Rochester). Still waiting for many others. They didn't recieve my CHEM GRE scores until last Friday. Any ideas if this is the delay or should I not get my hopes up. GPA 3.5, 2 plus serious synthetic organic research experience

Am I the only Chem applicant who hasn't heard anything yet? How depressing.

As for what to wear: I recommend a button-down shirt and khakis. Anything grungier and they might get a bad first impression of you; anything nicer and they'll be afraid to let you tour their lab. :P

Metalpizza, I forgot when I signed up for UCSD. In fact, I don't even remember if I have signed up or not. I don't live far from San Diego so I don't need an appointment to tour the campus. However, since it is still a good idea to meet professors I'll likely sign up eventually.

Unlikelygrad, nice GRE scores!

Metalpizza, I forgot when I signed up for UCSD. In fact, I don't even remember if I have signed up or not. I don't live far from San Diego so I don't need an appointment to tour the campus. However, since it is still a good idea to meet professors I'll likely sign up eventually.

Unlikelygrad, nice GRE scores!

I spoke to their coordinator on the phone and he said that the rsvp is best done early even if you aren't staying at the hotel. Their visiting weekends may fill up if they have an unspoken quota.