Sending scores

Emelye

I take the revised version of the GRE tomorrow, and I'm kind of starting to panic. I did well enough on my first try that now I'm afraid I'm just going to do worse. So, I was wondering, if I do for some reason bomb the revised version, can I send my old scores before the new ones are reported so that grad schools will never see the new ones. What I mean is, could I theoretically come back from the test and order score reports for my old test date and have them sent immediately (i.e. before my new scores are released in November?). Or will I just be stuck sending both scores?

Thanks,

Em

well... unless you order ETS to send scores, the schools aren't going to get em - old or new. so in that regard, whatever you tell ETS to send to the schools will be sent - again, old or new whatever you make them send.

tho, the general consensus on this forum is that if you send both scores, the schools will usually look at the highest numbers in both (or more) scores. so you might be okay sending in both scores. to be on the safe side, i'd send only the best scores

yes it is possible. ets is not working against itself and will want you to pay again for the new score. I am not sure when your scores are added to the list though- I would panic and send my old scores before the test.

btw, different schools take different approach about the GRE, some take your best scores, some are looking at "trends".

Edited by kalapocska

Well, I'm glad I didn't give into panic. I took the new version and got my projected scores:

V - 710-800 (previous test - 670)

Q - 660-760 (previous test - 500ish - bleh)

So, the revised format really worked in my favor! Take heart retakers - the test experience as a whole was better overall as well!