Anyone applying to linguistics?

Guest guest

I got some rejections, like Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA... I'm still waiting for MIT, Umass, Michigan, etc.

Is there any news from these schools?

michigan had their interview weekend last week - i'm assuming that not getting an invite is the same as getting rejected, although they may have waitlists or waitlists of waitlists that they put you on. official notice goes out any day now.

no idea on the others.

michigan had their interview weekend last week - i'm assuming that not getting an invite is the same as getting rejected, although they may have waitlists or waitlists of waitlists that they put you on. official notice goes out any day now.

no idea on the others.

Thanks. I heard of that too, though I'm still hoping they do not interview ALL the successful candidates :)

In fact I heard that all the schools I mentioned have made their decisions, but they are not anouncing the results now.

Bye the way, I didn't really get official messages from Stanford and UCLA. I simply emailed the admissions guy...

do you have any idea when stanford will be sending out official word? how horrifying to think that they've already decided about me but I still don't know. I know they have an open house that if you aren't invited to, you aren't in, but I don't know when they invite people to it.

do you have any idea when stanford will be sending out official word? how horrifying to think that they've already decided about me but I still don't know. I know they have an open house that if you aren't invited to, you aren't in, but I don't know when they invite people to it.

I'm not sure but I heard that the final decisions were made this week. You'll hear from them next week, I suppose.

Umich said they were making decisions on this Thursday. It's been Friday now but I've received nothing. It's quite normal because I know usually they sent offers/rejections by the end of Jan. I think they may have had a hard time choosing the successful candidates this year.

Also, I noticed that an international applicant got rejection from Umass on Feb 22. I've not received anything till today. Anybody else?

nothing from umich here, either. i'm in the 'no interview invite, but maybe i was so superior as to not need one' boat.

are they sending notices via email, or are they actually mailing them?

I'm also in the boat, and the boat seems to be too large to be true... :roll: No idea what they'll do. I emailed the secretary but got no reply.

thank god. i'd much rather know for sure than be in limbo, even if it is a rejection!

I agree. But all the other schools I tried are actually harder than Umich, so I suppose I have no chance this year :cry:

I should have applied to a few more

• 2 weeks later...

I applied three places and got into two of them (with nice funding). The only one I haven't heard from is Brown (top choice for me) and I keep checking my mailbox for their letter. I know it will be a rejection letter but I check anyway (and yet it does not come). I have this nightmare that they actually invited me to their interview weekend back in February but my spam filter caught it.

Yes, it's true. I am completely insane but then, you're reading this site too.