Spring break- extending my waiting!

misfit

I called Rutgers today to see if my application had been reviewed yet, since last week it was in process. The very nice secretary informed me that it was still under review, but that this is their spring break week and the faculty are pretty much MIA this week.

Damn you, spring break! Damn you to hell! *shakes fist*

Guest Guest

Same goes for me too...my application is still under review but the Admissions Committee is on Spring Break...Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Guest Guest

Even i am waiting for a reply from rutgers :cry: .I called up last week and was told that my application has been forwarded to the dept.

No news from the dept as yet ...................... :x

Guest Samantha

I'm waiting on Rutgers too. The online system suggests to contact the program if six weeks have gone by since your application has been received, so yesterday I did that. I emailed them, and someone from the ECE department asked for "patience" and said that no decisions have been made yet. So Electrical/Computer Engineers, looks like we'll be waitin' ...

Guest please

electrical and computer engineers are not the only ones waiting. by the way some of my friends did get their admits this week, so probably not all univs are on a break this week.

Guest please

actually three of my univs said they will post their decisions on march 15. so i will get them after two weeks or so. One univ said that the decisions will made at the end of march.

I called up the Dept. today (Rutgers) and I was told they are still in the process of deciding and having various meetings and this will go on till the end of March.So hopefully should get to know something after that..................@least early April, I HOPE :!:

Guest Samantha

Hm. I got in touch with the secretary at the electrical engineering department at RU on Tuesday of this week (3/14), even though students are on spring break. In response to an email about my application status, she sent me:

I will respond as a best as I am able and ask you patience. The Fall

2006 Applications are under reviewing process by the Graduate

Director's reveiwing committee. No decisions have been made yet.

What department for Rutgers is everyone waiting for? My application is still under review for the English PhD.

Ph.D. program in Communication, Information and Library Studies (I'm applying for the communication program).

Does anyone know if Rutgers also follows the April 15 deadline like most of the other schools for students to accept their offer?I'm assuming that if this is the case then they should send us their decision shortly.It's my way of trying to hang in there :)

If they don't I would say you can tell them that they need to inform you of their final decision before then because you have other schools waiting on you. I was told by a graduate coun. that April 15th is pretty much the nationally recognized date for informing graduate schools of your decision. Sort of like the "National Signing Day" for football players, except that we don't get ESPN coverage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Has any1 heard from Rutgers .Im still waiting on Rutgers n at this point of time my endurance is really wearing thin........... :cry:

Has any1 heard from Rutgers .Im still waiting on Rutgers n at this point of time my endurance is really wearing thin........... :cry:

The secretary says that the committee STILL hasn't made decisions regarding my area of focus in SCILS. Rutgers is my only hope, so I am on pins and needles to find out their decision.

Guest Samantha

finally heard from electrical engineering. Status on website now says "you have been recommended for admission." Phew! No word on funding yet though.

I called up rutgers and was told the same, "recommended for admission" but seems they haven't made any concrete decisions regarding the funding......

I have finally been recommended for admission, but hearing back about financial aid will probably take another two months. Even if I get no funding, at least the tuition is cheaper than what I'm paying now for a private university with only a 25% scholarship.

I have finally been recommended for admission, but hearing back about financial aid will probably take another two months. Even if I get no funding, at least the tuition is cheaper than what I'm paying now for a private university with only a 25% scholarship.

Misfit, did u get a letter from the graduate schoolor were you informed via phone or email?

Misfit, did u get a letter from the graduate schoolor were you informed via phone or email?

I called the department assistant on Friday and she told me that I was recommended for admission. My status on the gradstudy.rutgers.edu now says that as well.