HGSE Fall 2012

Airwick

Aurgh! I was hoping for today.

Bythesea, have you heard from Michigan yet? Wondering if anyone else is going to the campus visit day on March 16...

Today would have been quite acceptable. :)

Michigan - I wrote to the department and heard back that the two people I would fit are retiring this year. - so an unofficial rejection... but no official news even though the UMich Friends site says "A decision has been made. Your department will inform you of the decision."

Michigan - I wrote to the department and heard back that the two people I would fit are retiring this year. - so an unofficial rejection..

This is the worst because it had absolutely nothing to do with you. Ugh... <hugs>

I love it hahah

I posted on my Facebook that I was anxious about my HGSE decision. One of my recommenders, an HGSE alumna, commented and told me to stop worrying because I was going to be accepted. I think it made it worse hahah

As if waiting for graduate school wasn't unbearable enough, I received this message last night....

"Dear Eric, Thank you for your patience regarding our late notification deadlines. You are receiving this message because your film, Cast Off, has made it to the final round of competition and at this time is still being considered for the 2012 Nashville Film Featival. We are trying to fit in as many of your films into this year's programming as possible. "

More waiting! Noooooooooooo!

that sounds awesome. are you applying to Vandy as well? I don't think they have an ed tech-focused program right??

This is the worst because it had absolutely nothing to do with you. Ugh... <hugs>

Thanks, FutureEd, I appreciate that! It's actually much easier than being rejected for being an uncompetitive moron ;)

Thanks, FutureEd, I appreciate that! It's actually much easier than being rejected for being an uncompetitive moron ;)

when I applied to law schools last year, many of my letters cited those exact words in explaining my rejection

when I applied to law schools last year, many of my letters cited those exact words in explaining my rejection

yeah... somehow it's not hard to believe that law schools might think of all applicants as uncompetitive morons... but do they really have to say it out loud?

that sounds awesome. are you applying to Vandy as well? I don't think they have an ed tech-focused program right??

Nah... Truth be told, it's HGSE or bust.

I mentioned my situtation earlier, but I don't want to get too specific. I am currently interning with the Exec. Producer of a show on Discovery Channel. I actually moved to the east coast by myself for the position. Last week, I was offered a job on the show immediately after I finish up my internship. So, I have to weigh my option carefully now. HGSE is the only reason I would decline the job offer. I am not quite sure why I applied to NYU and Stanford...

So I stumbled across grad cafe while on reddit and someone mentioned the results survey to figure out (roughly) when notifications go out, specifically because I am waiting on HGSE. Of course, seeing some of the experience you all have leaves me feeling pretty terrified of my chances at acceptance. heh.

Any one else apply for the EdM in Higher Ed?

Nah... Truth be told, it's HGSE or bust.

I mentioned my situtation earlier, but I don't want to get too specific. I am currently interning with the Exec. Producer of a show on Discovery Channel. I actually moved to the east coast by myself for the position. Last week, I was offered a job on the show immediately after I finish up my internship. So, I have to weigh my option carefully now. HGSE is the only reason I would decline the job offer. I am not quite sure why I applied to NYU and Stanford...

You have two awesome choices ahead of you! I'm so happy for you!!

So I stumbled across grad cafe while on reddit and someone mentioned the results survey to figure out (roughly) when notifications go out, specifically because I am waiting on HGSE. Of course, seeing some of the experience you all have leaves me feeling pretty terrified of my chances at acceptance. heh.

*raises hand*

*raises hand*

Well, If I don't give in I'm going to rationalize it by telling myself you got the slot. You certainly have a far better resume than I sent in for acceptance. Now I won't feel so bad if I'm rejected so there's that :)

Well, If I don't give in I'm going to rationalize it by telling myself you got the slot. You certainly have a far better resume than I sent in for acceptance. Now I won't feel so bad if I'm rejected so there's that :)

Aww. But there's enough spots for all of us. :D

Does anyone know if they take a relatively equal number of candidates into each Masters program, or are some much larger than others?

The size and selectivity of admissions varies by program. Some of the larger (L&T or TIE for example) have upwards of 40+, whereas the administration and leadership based programs have tended to be smaller in years past. Similarly, some programs (especially those that are more narrow in their focus) have historically had lower acceptance rates.

It's very difficult to make comparisons across EdM programs for this reason.

I know what you mean. I went from thinking I had about a 50/50 shot to thinking I will be rejected for sure. That 53% acceptance rate sure looked tantalizing before I realized everyone who applies has insane credentials.

Hoping y'all hear good news this week!

Fingers are crossed. I truly believe I am qualified for one of those thirty to forty spots in the program. So I am not too anxious. Positive thinking hahah

Are we thinking Tuesday or Wednesday for Masters decisions?

Edited by Airwick

This is the week we have been waiting for! Good luck to all my GradCafers!

Here's hoping that we all get in!

Edited by FutureEdStudent12