HGSE Fall 2012

Airwick

No, I think you will get an email to check your online application account. Then they will set up a time to try to call you to answer any questions that you might have. This is what they did last year.

Thanks for the update!

No, I think you will get an email to check your online application account. Then they will set up a time to try to call you to answer any questions that you might have. This is what they did last year.

Thanks for the update! Damn! Butterflies in my stomach!

Hey, thanks a lot for the update PhD2000s! When you say they want to call 'new admits' do you mean the rejections have been sent out already or will those be sent out at the same time, also?

I believe acceptances are always sent out first.

I think for the masters they send them out at the same time. My guess (and this is only a guess), everyone will know either way this Friday through the online application and then new admits will receive a "welcome" call next week. Good luck everyone!

hey everyone, i'm new to posting, but have been following this thread for a while!

i'm not so patiently waiting to hear back from HGSE as well, and started thinking about whether or not i actually think that the Ed.M decisions will come out tomorrow. I'm guessing probably not because they are interviewing the 50 Ed.L.D candidates today and tomorrow and for those that don't get in, they'll likely offer them Ed.M spots since that pool is so competitive. I think the decisions will probably go out on Tuesday, March 6th if they've asked current students to call new admits on Wednesday so that they have time to finalize the cohorts with the addition of people who didn't get into the Ed.L.D program. thoughts?

I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't true because I don't have any idea how much longer I can wait, but wanted to throw that logic out there into the pool :)

hey everyone, i'm new to posting, but have been following this thread for a while!

i'm not so patiently waiting to hear back from HGSE as well, and started thinking about whether or not i actually think that the Ed.M decisions will come out tomorrow. I'm guessing probably not because they are interviewing the 50 Ed.L.D candidates today and tomorrow and for those that don't get in, they'll likely offer them Ed.M spots since that pool is so competitive. I think the decisions will probably go out on Tuesday, March 6th if they've asked current students to call new admits on Wednesday so that they have time to finalize the cohorts with the addition of people who didn't get into the Ed.L.D program. thoughts?

I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't true because I don't have any idea how much longer I can wait, but wanted to throw that logic out there into the pool :)

It would be nice to know by Tuesday. I've decided that I'll keep myself busy this weekend by doing some preliminary packing for when I have to move this summer.

Makes sense...I'm not sure if I want tomorrow to come, I'm so nervous!

Oh man! I cringe at the thought of competing against deferred Ed.L.D candidates hahah

What program are you applying to? My guess is that most Ed.L.D.'s will ask to be deferred to the School Leadership or EPM program. Also, most (accepted ones at least) are pretty experienced, so they may not even want to be deferred.

Airwick, I'm totally pulling for you in my thoughts if that counts.

... and not just because I want your LDT spot ;-)

Like an other poster said, "If only we could designate which GradCafers we wanted to take our spots." lol That would be so awesome. Or if we could trade offers, "I'll give you my UCLA for your Michigan offer." lol

I hope every GCer gets into the HGSE program of their choosing. I would love to be in a cohort with such amazing folks.