Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

NYU?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mgp2675

mgp2675

Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Program:Criminal Justice

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

I'm receiving my B.S. in criminal justice May of 2012 and I'm trying to get prepared for graduate school. I'm finishing my undergrad at Rutgers, and I have always wanted to go to NYU. My question to anyone that might have an answer is, what can I major in at NYU that would benefit me after having a cju B.S. degree?

The reason I ask is because they have a school of arts and sciences for graduates, but they don't necessarily have a "criminal justice" department available. I spoke with someone at the university and he said that as long as I meet the requirements (certain preferred minors/classes, GRE's) that I can major in anything as long as its arts and sciences.

If anyone has gone there or looked into NYU as a possible graduate school for your M.S. degree please let me know. It would be a great deal of help.

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users