MEM 2012 applicants

I have no idea! Also I thought the official deadline was April 15th. Wasn't it?

The decision response period as given in document accompanying waitlist letter is up to 30 April. Most probably the decision for waitlisted people should be out next week.

I guess we can still contact them about the status after April 30th...

I m an athiest but i ll make an exception and pray for all those waitlisted including me!!!

I contacted the admission office last week. Apparently, the class is full and we, the waitlisted, will be informed tomorrow. However, there still might be some changes over the summer. I doubt that they will take more than 5-10 from the waitlist, if any.

Edited by Varulv

Did anyone hear from Yale? I haven't heard

I just got the official email saying that the class is filled! But that the wait list will be open until July!

I'm going to Duke anyway, so for you who are going to Duke I will see you in the fall! I guess this week the Facebook group will be open and we can get to know each other better! Best of luck to everyone!

I just got the official email saying that the class is filled! But that the wait list will be open until July!

I'm going to Duke anyway, so for you who are going to Duke I will see you in the fall! I guess this week the Facebook group will be open and we can get to know each other better! Best of luck to everyone!

Same here! Class is filled...

Is anyone planning on staying on the list? I think that getting off the list now is not likely, and probably the best to commit to other plans. what do you all think?

Well I think you should commit somewhere else and just wait to see what happens at Yale! In my case I'm already commited to Duke and I'm starting visa paper work and all. I stayed in the wait list because well why not? Is not gonna do any harm. And if by any miracle I get off the wait list and get a bigger fin aid package that the one Duke offer me, then I'll think about it. I guess I'm mostly curious now to see what happens.

To everyone going to Duke. How are your housing plans going? Do you have any recommendations about which area will be the best to live? I don't know Durham at all, so I'll appreciate any advise!

Edited by MCRM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I am applying for an MEM to begin in Fall 2013. I believe I read somewhere that Duke has about a 6-8 week decision timetable for applications. Has anyone else heard/read/experienced this? Does that mean applying earlier is beneficial?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am applying for an MEM to begin in Fall 2013. I believe I read somewhere that Duke has about a 6-8 week decision timetable for applications. Has anyone else heard/read/experienced this? Does that mean applying earlier is beneficial?

Thanks!

Speaking from last years’ experience, Nic School was definitely on a rolling basis. I submitted my Duke application around mid-Dec (just before Yale's deadline since I did all applications together). And I heard from Duke two days before their deadline (which was late Jan I recall) with my decision. For me, applying early gave me a lot of certainty later on, but as to how much this had increased my odds - I really don't know.

All the best!

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this totally the wrong thread for this, I'm new to this whole forum thing. Can people who got into Duke MEM post their stats? I'm interested in applying to the program and want to get a sense of their admission statistics. If i'm in the wrong thread as well, please direct me to the right one :)