Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

I just finished my applications and I'm now en route to an internship at the University of Madrid!

U of Utah

Vanderbilt

Emory

MIT

GA Tech

UGA

U of Texas

Texas A&M

UNC Chapel Hill

You guys make me so nervous with all your chatter.

also got my UIUC offer for p.chem, best email I have ever opened. considering it was one of my top choices I can now rest easy and enjoy the holidays

Any idea what time frame you'll visit? The offer letter made it sound like they don't have pre-determined recruiting weekends, and you can just visit whenever?

Any idea what time frame you'll visit? The offer letter made it sound like they don't have pre-determined recruiting weekends, and you can just visit whenever?

I got the same impression, and I think I'll wait till mid-January to schedule so I can possibly avoid scheduling over another school's visitation time. If there aren't any other conflicts I'd like to go in the second week of February.

Heard back from Delaware and Penn State. Anyone else applying there? : )

For those that got offers by email, how long does it take for the official letters to arrive?

The UIUC email had a pdf of the official letter attached, and said they would be mailing the official letter the day that the email was sent, so I'm expecting it will arrive tomorrow or the next day, but I'll be out of town and won't see it for a couple weeks.

I received an interview to Scripps La Jolla Today! I"M SO EXCITED. Applied to chemistry program on 12/1/2011

CONGRATS! What field of chemistry are you studying?

(But dammit! This is the only thing I want for Christmas.)

CONGRATS! What field of chemistry are you studying?

(But dammit! This is the only thing I want for Christmas.)

I don't know if I specified but I'm sure it came out in my personal statement; I study Organic Chemistry though.

Edited by JLK

For chemical bio, the visit weekend is March 16-17 - they will send this info out soon if they haven't already. I'm not sure about physical, but my guess is that it's a general chemistry visit weekend.

Congrats, JLK! Hopefully, the rest of us will hear back from Scripps soon (and hopefully with good news).

There do seem to be quite a few early acceptances this year, congrats!

I just noticed an acceptance to UCLA on the 21st, I wonder if that person is around here? They didn't post who called them (POI, or other.) or their profile stats. The earliest I saw from UCLA before was late January and it's a top choice of mine so am curious hah.

Received a thick mail from Syracuse today. My heart was throbbing very fast but I was confused because I did not apply there. When I opened it, it was a Department brochure and an introduction letter. Then I remembered that I submitted to them some pre-application details online. (sigh)

I thought that was unnecessary. They could've just e-mailed me. Oh well, back to waiting...

Hi, I applied to 5 schools in physical chemistry and materials chemistry:

MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford University, Caltech and Harvard University

International student, GRE Chem 97%, GRE General 550/800/3.0, studied in UC Berkeley for a year (exchange student), and have one publication.

So nervous checking e-mail every hour......!!!

Edited by ysyoon

Many people have already heard back from UIUC this year. Should have applied to UIUC :rolleyes: . Can that someone who just got into MIT give further info here please? Congratulations :) !

Edited by veele